Fast Equip mod?

Demonasius

I think you missed the point. He/she already knows that they can change weapons in combat. They said "so I can fast change weapons during combat" (keyword: fast). This bugs me too. I'm not sure if it bugs me enough to install a mod for it, but I may if someone makes it.

Hotkey the weapons you'd want to switch to. If you want more than the vanilla eight keys for hotkeying download a hotkey mod, there are at least a few.

They aren't asking for a way to quickly switch weapons, they are asking for someone to make a mod that allows them to change weapons in what is considered "mid-swing". We are both capable of thinking of in-game ways around the problem, but we want to get rid of the problem entirely.

In Oblivion, while an animation plays, it can completely and unrevokably lock up any and all other actions, depending on what the animation blocks and how it's set up with bone priorities.

I can create a simple idle animation which while playing over and over again renders you completely unable to draw a weapon, cast magic or even open the inventory screen.

So if it's the mid-swing animations configured in a way that specifically blocks the weapon switch animations (unsheathing/sheathing, if I recall correctly), this could be overcome by replacing them with ones 'not' blocking that effectively.

However, as different to other situations where actions are blocked by an animation playing in this special case also a message appears telling you as much, and I haven't yet found anything making this message appear in the modable game assets, chances are good this feature is a hardcoded limitation rather than anything modable. In this case it'll be really hard, if not entirely impossible, to get rid of it. Game engine limitations are hard to overcome (I dedicated 10 years of modding entirely to this task) and hardcoded game features can only hardly be modded, if at all.

I can't be of any help with this in here, but I'm seeing no easy way to overcome this limitation by a mod or something, if my latter suspicion turns out to be correct.