We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Blue-screen on Whiterun - advice?

VonDeVon

*Edit: Fail. Riverwood, not Whiterun.

So I've been working my way through modding for Skyrim, slowly learning how everything works and fixing problems as they arise but this is something I can't seem to figure out.

My game tends to crash to desktop every several minutes - I'm still working on that - but when I approach Riverwood it reliably crashes - sometimes blue-screening.

I have run Skyrim Performance Monitor to see if I'm overloading my computer but my RAM and VRAM never goes over 1200mb and my GPU strolls along at 40%. My CPU does tend to spike to 80% right before the crash, however. I'm not sure what this is indicative of.

I have cleaned my mods and bashed them. The only ones that should affect Riverwood specifically are Birds of Skyrim, More Village Animals, Sexy Whiterun v.3, Static Mesh Improvement, W.A.T.E.R or Riverwood Mansion.

The only things I can think of to try (although blue-screening makes me anxious for the health of my computer) is removing the last four, in various combinations.

Any ideas?

Edited by VonDeVon