ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't finish tutorial

Lummina

I make it though the tutorial to the part just before the Emperor should quiz me about my birthsign. However, after I jump out of the hole in the wall and the guards yell "Here comes another one"! (or something along those lines), I don't get the "trigger" conversation from the Emperor to make my attribute choices and such. The dialogue is stuck on "There's trouble ahead" and "I've told you to stay out of our way". I have reloaded back several times but no joy. I'm confused. Anyone else have this happen? This isn't my first time playing Oblivion (by a long shot) but this is a new one to me?

My mods all seem to be happy together, Wrye and OMM, lovely patches and extenders in place. I don't want to detail this to death---it seems like it must be a simple hiccup...I hope... :blink:

Thank you for replying. I appreciate your suggestion but I think I will continue to figure out why this "loop" is happening.

Best to you!

Ah,wise decision. :)

Did you try moving your character around? Talking to the emperor? The more info you give,the better. Your load order would also be helpful.

If you have any older save games check the mods you were using back then. Maybe a new one you installed now is the culprit.

I have finished the tutorial.

After a number of useless efforts I found that I had to (VERY quickly) dash out of the wall and run like a dark

elf on fire past the Emperor and guards into the middle of the fray taking place with the Dark Brotherhood. No

waiting/watching allowed. Must jump in and have at it. For me, I cast my puny fireball spell, made some sort of

contact, the guards finished up things and the conversation trigger kicked in. I would imagine doing anything

from a fist fight to an ax blow would work as well as long as one makes some sort of retaliatory action against the DB.

Why? Dunno. Never had this issue in the past.

And that ... is all I can say about it.

Thanks to those who looked and suggested help.