Reordering masters?

Tulsa299

I have a mod (Sot) and the master list is ruining my nice wyre bash green wall.

here are the masters:

Skyrim.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Dawnguard.esm

I want to swap DG and DB around, I'm looking to tes5edit to do this, should I and how would I do that? I know how to remove a master but I'm just taking my first steps into understanding Tes5edit. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to install BOSS. It manages your load orders nicely (it isn't perfect) and will automatically rearrange these things. You can then rebuild your bash patch.

It is not uncommon for Masters to be re-ordered. It usually is no issue for your game.

I also advise you to get the Unofficial Patches found here on the Nexus.

Sorry but you didn't indicate you used those.

I assume nothing. :)

The load order for the DLC is Skyrim, UNSkyrimPatch, Dawnguard, Un Dawnguard Patch, Hearthfires then patch, Dragonborn then patch....so if you have the latest updates of everything and including BOSS it should put it in the correct order (as it does mine-it used to do the order wrong but that was corrected.) You can physically move those with the Bash (I can anyway). Just drag and drop them within the list.

Once you have the DLC in the proper order they are supposed to be then if the mod in question is still orange (because the masters are in the wrong order) if the game runs (doesn't CTD when the Beth logo comes up and your saves mostly load lol) then it probably isn't a big deal that is orange. I have one mod that is always this way and it is fine. I haven't cleaned it with TES5EDIT as I don't want to mess with it. My game runs fine at present.

I just don't think you need TES5EDIT to re-order your mods...that is what confuses me here when you can do it in Wrye-however Boss should be putting those in the correct order I have listed. If the mod has them in a diff order than that the issue is with the mod not the load order I listed (and perhaps the mod author should be notified?

Maybe I am missing something. Does your game run fine and it is just that one is orange? Do you have the latest updates of everything (game, mods, patchings, Wrye, Boss, etc.) Is that the newest version of Sands of Time....I know he did one recently. Also has anyone mentioned this issue in that thread that you know of recently?

Hopefully someone else will chime in here to help also.

This is a fresh install so all is up to date and I've corrected the load order since (at the sacrifice of more green boxes :blush: ) yeah the game is working fine, SoT works... It's just bugging me as i'm trying to get everything as near perfect as possible before i start another playthrough.

Thanks for your help, What a strange coincidence, He's updated it today.. awesome.

I think what s/he is saying is that there is a mod in her/his load order where the order of the mod's masters is 'out of order' and does not conform to BOSS' latest masterlist. So when s/he runs BOSS, which adjusts the load order to the latest masterlist, the mod in question shows up in Wyre Bash as being dependent on a number of masters whose order does not conform to his load order (wow, that was a mouthful...).

This is generally harmless and typically have no detrimental effects.

However, if it really bothers you, you can load the mod in question in TES5Edit, right click on the plugin and select 'sort masters', and TES5Edit will sort the order of the mod's masters and alter records appropriately to conform to the new order of the 'masters.'

I feel like I just joined the Masons....

Edited by ripple

• 2 weeks later...

so lemme get this straight....it's not safe to reorder a plugins masterlist with in wrye bash? or what? because neither of you seemed to have answered his question and i have the same question as him ironically. You said he can do it in CK but you never mentioned if it was safe to do it in Wrye Bash even though there is an option to do it right there......so is it?

I wouldn't say that. It can be a possible cause for CTDs or weird stuff going on, depending on the referenced content.

But you can reorder them quite safe via TES5Edit. Just do error check after sorting. If something pops up, try to solve it yourself or let the author know about it. It may also be a good idea to tell him that he should change the file date of the official esms according the game load order. The CK still uses the timestamp based sorting like previous games. BOSS v3 offers an option for modders to sync the current load order with the file dates.

I wouldn't say that. It can be a possible cause for CTDs or weird stuff going on, depending on the referenced content.

Hm....what sort of issues could it cause? As far as the plugin in question is concerned, the relevant records are all still there. The only thing I can think of is if some of the mods that the plugin depends on made conflicting changes to the same records, a different mod may now dominate because of the reordering. What else can go wrong?

SilverNirvash, on 17 Feb 2014 - 7:56 PM, said:

so lemme get this straight....it's not safe to reorder a plugins masterlist with in wrye bash? or what? because neither of you seemed to have answered his question and i have the same question as him ironically. You said he can do it in CK but you never mentioned if it was safe to do it in Wrye Bash even though there is an option to do it right there......so is it?

I did answer his question (although the accuracy of 'generally nothing bad if left alone' may now be in question). I don't think you understand what he is asking. What he is asking is about the order of a plugin's masters, not the load order position of the plugin.

Edited by ripple