The Dark City Project

DWMHitMan

The Dark City project is currently in the making.

This mod doesn't require that you know any of the lore. You as a player are free to run gun and kill through

the quest freely. You really don't even have to read the info section if your intrested in helping scroll to the

bottem.

Info: (Not everything is unveiled here more of the story is in the mod its-self)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The City, Southeast Commonwealth (specificly in Charlotte N.C.). Is the last known city to be left

standing after the bombs fell on of the east coast. Of the four blocks, two were declared a war zone

by the Elite. Due to quarantine, the only known access is by metro train (or it's tunnels).

Story:

As you enter the drainage of the City, the only place forgotten by the bombs. You simultaneously

feel the desperation, and sorrow of the sick and homeless. From them you learn only you can save

them from the unforgiving "Elite" of the Enclave.

In the year 2240 the remnants of the American government (the Enclave) caught wind of the City,

President Richardson ordered the Elite to move in and set up government. The government would

proclaim that the locals would be its new inhabitants.

Two years later (2242) the Elite lost communication with the Poseidon oil platform where they received

their orders. The Elite took it upon them selves to dictate the City as the felt the Enclave should.

Doing so the Elite took their pick of the locals. Anyone capable of work were moved to select houses.

The "poised" citizens, those who were too irradiated were killed or experimented on. Others who lived

in the City that resided in buildings needed by the Enclave were forced out. This of course made many

homeless. Disease broke out, and one by one houses were evacuated or quarantined. Soon after whole

apartments. As the Elite proceeded rebellion was afoot. Refugees now turned rebel fought in guerrilla

style skirmishes. Turning two of four blocks into an all out war zone. As the new faction known as

the Black Knights (after their power armor) emerged from the depths of the underground, refugees

embraced their last hope.

Cause:

Black Knights serve to free, and protect citizens of The City, by which they must fight the notorious

Elite.

Creed:

Through hell we'll fight.

Through the greetings of death we'll protect.

No citizen shall fall as long as I bare arms to defended.

No Elite shall live if my lung hath breath.

I will defend the City and all innocent within it.

I will eliminate the enemy and their right to freedom.

My duty as a Black Knight comes before all else.

My ability to abolish my enemy comes second.

History:

Ruarc McHard an Irishman who during the time of the scourge, escaped The Pitt. Along with his

brothers he ventured through the capital wasteland into the Southeast Commonwealth

(the state of North Carolina). Ruarc and Colin two of the three brothers, made it to the

refugee station of the city, and built an alliance. This alliance swore to protect The City and all

innocent citizens in it. Then searching for an area to set up a base station for the refugee railroad,

an old utility tunnel is found. Once finding the location for the base, the faction was forged. While

fighting to take over the extermination facility, Colin along with other refugees lost their lives.

On the way out Colin and the only captain at the time Larry Polk were caught in an explosion which

sealed the entrance from the 4th block to the facility. A few years later the production of Black

Knight power armor increased. Ruarc felt that with the strong defence 3rd could be taken and the

Extermination facility could be destroyed. Ruarc essembeled the Captain of the Knights and their men.

Then he said "Many men have shed blood for our freedom! We promised defence, and liberation, we will

deliver. Today we crush the Southeast Union, Tomorrow the Enclave!" The Black Knights along with the

rebels cleared 4th block. As the men marched for the entrance they were cut down by turrents and

(police). Rebels fell blood flew men cry out and the medics who ran to help were a slaughtered.

Captains of the Knight and a held full their men along with a few rebels pushed on. Knights, soldiers,

and rebels droped with a trail of blood. Ruarc cried "Foward!" The (police) shouted "hold the gate!"

Both sides persistant to prevail. Few Knights staggerd on guns dragging the pavement. Ruarc smashed

the flag of the Black Knight through the pavement. His last words then echoed through the city "Their

will be freedom!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs:

First things first I am very open to ideas. If you want to edit my story line with your own ideas I'm open to it.

I'm very, very open to new ideas on how things should be. Via looks, story, NPCs, etc.

Also:

Please remember I'm not the boss here its a joint operation. I guess you could say I'm a "Director".

Everyone is as equal as I am. (your probably more important in some cases)

A sample of the work can be found here on nexus

Jobs Are Open!

I'm always needing some fresh hands here, I'm trying to get more talent on the team. So what I'm currently asking for is;

Level Editors

Texture Desighners

Modelers

I unlike others don't require any proof just say "hey I'm in!" and I'll do the rest.

Post a past down here or PM me and I'll give you the info! Simple I know!

I can also be found on teamspeak

Server: Dies-World

Adress:69.16.192.22:8767

Just select anonymos and join! Be sure to look for me HitMan

I really like your idea, :P, sounds like another day in the wasteland.

If I may offer a suggestion, could super mutants be involved with this, your storyline mentions that a lot of residences where quarantined, and irradiated people where experimented on. This calls out for things like Ghouls, (Super) Mutants. It would fit right in imho.

With the Enclave's Experiments, there could possibly be Super Mutants like Fawkes, who are still sane. Or there could be a whole new bred of them.

How About Robots? What if the Enclave experiments involved Bionic Power armor? Which was powered by the Irradiated citizens? Lol, just a suggestion :).

so... we have a back story...

but what exactly are you planning to happen here?

if you can tell me how the player comes to the city and what he is sapposed to do when he or she gets there, I would be happy to help you brainstorm story ideas

but I need to know what direction you are going

and one more question, have you seen Code Geass, becuase the Nights kind of remind me of the Black Nights off that show, but mabe that is just coincidence

Through the greetings of death we'll protect.

Just out of curiosity... what does this mean?

No citizen shall fall as long as I bare arms to defended.

Does this mean there is a dress code?

No Elite shall live if my lung hath breath.

Quite flowery, that. Are the Knights militant thespians?

Didn't this concept get floated some time ago?

Answering some questions here:

Tekmon

1. Yes we'll have quite a few new mutants but not ones currently in game :biggrin:

2. The experiments are cough strength erhum mutation are confidential material you'll like them I'm almost sure

3. And robots no way will there be a suit that injects chems into your blood stream and alters your muscles and perception etc.:confused:

Tony the wookie

1. I'll post it in the info section soon :thanks: mate

Calli

1. My favorite long time supporter let me finish up the new buildings first

Q. Should i divide the blocks into separate cells for lower end computers or wait and do that as an update

Badpenney

1. As they die they will still protect

2. No citizens will die if I can defend them

3. No elite/southeast union guard will live if I can fight

4. Actors/melodramatic Militants no more like noblemen I guess

5. Yes awhile back but I'm just starting to make this after some real life difficulties

Well thats all for now. Hope I was helpful. Catch you all later on!

Q. Should i divide the blocks into separate cells for lower end computers or wait and do that as an update
Definitely.

I know a lot of players have high end computers, but it's always good to build for the lowest spec possible without sacrificing crucial elements.