ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Corrupt save - help

averageisac

Hello. It seems i have a corrupt save. I had to re-innstall windows, but i did keep my saves. Ive re-modded skyrim with all the mods i had before and added some more.

I can load a save from the main menu no problem. But when im in the game and i try to wait, quicksave, load another save, autosave like leaving or entering a building the game crashes. I have tried to start a new save to be sure it really was my old saves that where corupt rather then a mod or ENB. So when i made the new save all those problems where gone.

Is there a way i fix my save? I really cant start skyrim over agian...

Sounds like the old ones are toast. Turn off auto save, quick save etc. Only make hard saves in the menu in new slots.

I recently gave up on XP and installed Win 7. I was able to use my old save with the new installation but I had to have the exact same mod list as before, no more, no less!

Good advice from Shubal about turning off auto saves and using new save slots. :thumbsup:

Edit. If you re-downloaded any of your mods they may be newer versions than the save is expecting. I had kept all the old mod zip files and used them. Then I updated the mods once I had a stable game.

Edited by Skyrabbit