Newbie mistakes fallout 3 version

orctor

- Walk straight into traps and mines repeatably

- Didn't know about Pipboy light until just now when I saw this topic

- Didn't know how to repair (or that I could)

- Ignore the fact that drinking from the toilet causes radiation poisoning and eventually dying from it.

- Forgot the code at the end of the game and died before I could enter it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like everyone else, I didn't know how explosive cars are. Fresh out of the vault I tried to fire some shots at a car and was excited to find that it caught on fire. Curious if I would get hurt by this fire I jumped up on the car. You know the rest.

Luckily, I was smart enough to save before doing this.

I think the developers took a kind of sick pleasure when they made the cars so easy to blow up... and made them similar to mini-nukes.

1. I hid behind a car, remembered COD4 and hid behind a bus instead. You'd think it'd at least soak up more damage before blowing.

2. Drank Quantum Nuka Cola (my urine is still blue and still glows in the dark, 4 month half life my ass)

3. Didn't realize the ability to swap through trade menus till watching a mod on youtube.

4. Thought stimpacks would be rare and used them very sparingly

5. Ignored the speech skill and put my points into science and medicine

6. Actively sought out Raider settlements early on

7. Bought the bed at moriarties

8. Couldn't find Rivet city, but moreso, I COULD NOT FRICKIN FIND GNR. There's only one real route into the area, hell, I tried jumping across the scrap piles and ended up in... mason district or something, trying to pile stuff to get up to the side door in the ruins

9. Didn't know the console command for noclip and suicided when stuck in a poorly collissioned area

10. Missed the fire in the "giant fire ants" description, bad move

Wandered into Old Olney... my first ever game I played an amoral scavenger so I figured I'd loot the place clean. I soon found myself running and firing into the crowd of 3 deathclaws that ambushed me. I died about 10ft outside the city...

After that, thinking the ambush was a fluke, I strolled right back into Old Olney after a reload... *sigh*

Shot a gas leak and then almost shat myself when the whole room erupted into flames.

That reminds me. When I first got hit by one of those, I thought it was a friggin trap, and for a good long while, any time I saw that rectangular pattern I'd hug the edges of the room, thinking if I stepped in the sunken part I'd get flamed.

in all my playthroughs of Fallout3 i had never ever been to Takoma Park or Takoma Industrial.

it has always been my "blind spot" in the game.

before playing Mothership Zeta,

i made a special effort to go to Takoma at last (level 33).

after the usual failing to find the way, i used the wikia maps to finally crack it.

arriving in Takoma after all this time was a very memorable experience, reminiscent of an epic journey.