What mount would you most like to see in oblivion?

coburnw

A commandable carrniverous horse with fangs (as in sabertooth) and claws instead of hooves. Give it limited flight capabilities with a fire animation for each foot and nostril. Animated wings (of fire) and armor would be optional. Make riding a mount a Skill with separate options for mounted attacks, trample and spellcasting. Note use a limited list of spells for self and ranged attacks or use a modified device such as the Staff of Lore but as a bataan ( as in Marshall's ) or wand. As a further limitation make Mounted Spellcasting possible only from the back of a magical creature. Being able to use a lance would be very good. How about an animation for a rearing horse as well. Oh yeah, make it look as good and with as many variations as Slofs Horses. Well, thats quite a wish list and I suspect just about impossible. However, one further note: With all of the mounts in the game I have wondered why no one has turned Riding into a Skill especially since the advent of the mounted combat and spellcasting capabilities associated with Deadly Reflex. Seems kind of obvious.

You could choose a mount(s) to specialize in and the kind of combat desired: Flight, Lance and Melee, and Magic.

Types of Mount Specialization:

Horse

Unicorn

Dragon (Flying)

Pegasus Flying)

Eagle (has no one invented that yet?!)

Elephant

Tiger

Nightmare

Trainers and a Riding school might make an interesting mod.

I apoligize if that's more info than what you wanted (blame it on half a pot of coffee :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider daedra mount please!

That is also a companion

Ehm,ehm...Elytra mount,both companion and mount :D

Myself I'd want a Clannfear,THAT HAS A SADDLE or a bag,not that one where you just ride its back.