Type 3 Body

Raella69

Hi I am new here. My friend told me about this site and the Fo3 Mods and the Eyepatches and the "Type 3 Body" Mod. But, because I am new here and I have Windows Vista and my friend has XP Home Edition, setting the mods up is different for us. So we have tried and haven't found a way to get the mods working. I would like some help so I can try these mods out and see what's good or not.

And here are the ones I have found so far:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4280

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6500

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4484

If I am missing anything to make all of these work it would be excellent if someone could help me.

Thanks a lot

-Raella :thanks:

First and foremost, do yourself a favor and install Fallout 3 in the Root directory of your hard drive (C:\Besthesda\Fallout\ for example).

Vista can silently reject mods from installing correctly depending on how you go about doing it if you install to program files.

With that said, make sure you get ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated like Warll said (Your friend should have had this as well) otherwise Fallout won't even try to load the new models/textures.

Make sure that you have the .nif in data\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif and the textures in data\textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds.

Check that there is in fact a 'ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!.bsa' in your data folder, and that your ~\Documents\My games\Fallout\Fallout.ini has these lines changed:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/katsuakimoto/Invalidation.png

Hmm, does this mean I will lose all of my data? I do have my account linked to my LIVE account, but I won't lose my stuff for some sexy mod... lol, that came out wrong... But other than that I don't really know what you're talking about... I am not very "down" with this kind of stuff. I might be able to figure it out eventually, but is there some Youtube video for help with this stuff? **I'm sure there is, as there is videos for EVERYTHING!** And i saw a bunch of other stuff on the Type 3 Body download area. All I really want is to be able to use the kick ass ninja suit from my first post... and the eye patch. I downloaded that thing Warll posted but what is it and how do I use it? **sigh** I know I'm a n00b but I really want to do this, so could someone with a lot of patience help me out, from scratch?

-Raella

Download TYPE3_BODY_V3dot5-4280, TYPE3_V2_TEXTURE_pack-4280, and ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!.

Open TYPE3_BODY_V3dot5-4280 using 7-Zip, and extract 'meshes' folder from whichever body type you want to your 'fallout 3\data\' folder.

Then open TYPE3_V2_TEXTURE_pack-4280 with 7-Zip as well, and extract 'textures' folder from within the 'TYPE3 V2 TEXTURES' folder inside (Optionally, you may also copy the face textures and pubic styles from the optional folder) to your 'fallout 3\data' folder.

Now, extract the 'Program_Version_-_Recommended-944' folder (Which is archiveinvalidation invalidated!) to any folder, just make sure you see the .exe that's there. Run it (as administrator if on Vista) and select 'Activate!'. Now you are done, and may see your nude figure! Notice that you wont notice the change while wearing armor unless you download armor changes as well, since wearing armor will overwrite the entire body mesh. Hope this helps!

Ok, but I cannot do any of that yet untill I can be positive my files will not delete. Do you know if they will? And what if I just wear that mantis suit? Will I be all set and no more modding stuff? Because that was all I was going to wear after I got that, if I wore anything... Also: is there a video for setting up these mods?

What files are you worried about being deleted? Nothing will be deleted, or copied over, unless you say 'OK', but unless the mantis suit is a naked body mod, none of the other mods will touch it. Movie-wise, I might be able to make something, although it would have to be with pictures (I don't actually know how to record the desktop, fraps is the only recorder i know but thats in-game).

When you ask what files I am worried about being deleted, I mean my characters! You said I might have to reinstall it and I just want to know if it would cost me my characters first. I have the profiles linked to my LIVE account, but I don't want to lose it all. I don't mind, but don't want to.

Ohhh, no you should be fine. I just meant that if you end up getting sooo many mods and you cant keep track of whats what, and you decide to re-install, you can actually instead just delete the meshes and textures folder. A simple body swap wont hurt though.

When you ask what files I am worried about being deleted, I mean my characters! You said I might have to reinstall it and I just want to know if it would cost me my characters first. I have the profiles linked to my LIVE account, but I don't want to lose it all. I don't mind, but don't want to.

Uninstall the game, this will leave all your custom settings intact (including your saves) as well as any mods you've installed. Now just cut the entire fallout 3 folder and paste it to the root of the drive (C:\Fallout 3 is a good bet), then just install the game again, but choose the custom option and select C:\Fallout 3 as the install directory; the game will install into that directory and leave all your custom mod content intact, and your saves will all still be there too (as the game doesn't delete your saves unless you tell it to, and they're stored in My Games in the My Documents folder, not the main game folder).