Custom armor mesh doesn't want to be textured

Osprey88

Everything seems to be in order.. but now that I think of it, the tutorial says that this problem can be caused by missing normal maps. I DO have a normal map in the same folder as the base texture, but do I have to do anything special in nifskope to tell it to use the normal map? I thought it was automatic.
No, it is automatic but you have to be careful how you name the files.

Regular Example:

Diffuse Texture: helmet.dds

Normal Map: helmet_n.dds

Glow Map: helmet_g.dds

Shared Normal and Glow Map example:

Diffuse Texture = helmet_red.dds

Diffuse Texture = helmet_green.dds

Diffuse Texture = helmet_blue.dds

Shared Normal = helmet_n.dds

Shared Glow Map = helmet_g.dds

The auto-name-picker ignores everything after the first underscore.

Alright. I just got it to work, and I haven't the faintest idea how I did it. It had something to do with the skin partition though - for some reason the default settings on the nif exporter for blender don't do crap for getting a mesh to work.
Ah, looks like you edited it just as I hit reply. I could not tell much from the screenshot since some settings depend on what preset buttons you push (such as "Weapons"). I also could not tell if you needed to enable the bhkshapelist button...which is used if you have multiple collisions (not applicable to worn items but they matter for ground items, weapons and shields).

The version of Blender NIF Scripts, Blender, PyFFI, Python, your OS and where you install the programs (if Vista) can all impact the export process (as well as how you configure your model before export and what buttons you click on the export screen)

LHammonds

Ah, looks like you edited it just as I hit reply. I could not tell much from the screenshot since some settings depend on what preset buttons you push (such as "Weapons"). I also could not tell if you needed to enable the bhkshapelist button...which is used if you have multiple collisions (not applicable to worn items but they matter for ground items, weapons and shields).

The version of Blender NIF Scripts, Blender, PyFFI, Python, your OS and where you install the programs (if Vista) can all impact the export process (as well as how you configure your model before export and what buttons you click on the export screen)

LHammonds

You mentioned Vista. Come to think of it, it worked right after I disabled user account control.