Useful script for modders

skingrad24

I made a script which make an object (activator) follows the cursor on the ground.

See the video to understand what exactly it does

If you need this script for a mod, PM me writing what kind of mod you're making.

I used Fose to compile it but it can be made also without FOSE

It should work also for Oblivion

i wonder if i can use this for the bf2142 sattcom EMP laser... although i really thank Jay for his hard work and ingenuity, its a bit limiting being able only to use it on enemy targets instead of just arbitrary ground locations...

do you think it would be possible for me to modify it to do such? like, i can see that the model follows the cursor, so im guessing its possible to spawn an object at the cursor location too?

Dankeschoen, skingrad. :)

Bitteschoen

i wonder if i can use this for the bf2142 sattcom EMP laser... although i really thank Jay for his hard work and ingenuity, its a bit limiting being able only to use it on enemy targets instead of just arbitrary ground locations...

do you think it would be possible for me to modify it to do such? like, i can see that the model follows the cursor, so im guessing its possible to spawn an object at the cursor location too?

Yes, you can use an invisible activator instead of the ball and then use placeatme on that reference to spawn where the invisible activator is

Why does everyone film their mods at night?

I have to my own support to this question actually, if you're showing something off it should be in the best conditions possible ;p

I cannot talk for others but I do it because all my saves are nighttime and currently I use them only for testing mods

• 1 year later...
Hi Skingrad24. I have a cowboy archetype that uses cowboy perk weapons (brush gun, revolvers etc). I'v turned off the reticle to make things more challenging and realistic. But I do use one (semi-) advanced weapon, "That Gun". And I would like to add a laser sight (and laser sight effect). I would love a script that turns on the reticle as a single dot (the same color as the laser sight effect) when "That Gun" is drawn and pointed at anything within say 30 yards. And turns off the reticle when the gun is holstered or the target is beyond 30 yards. So if you point the gun at the ground, opponent or any object within 30 yards (for example) the reticle is turned on, but if the object is beyond 30 yards (like pointing at the sky) the reticle is turned off. This is too simulate a laser dot from the laser sight. I would be thankful for any ideas, etc