How to delete masters in the creation kit

ElementalParadox

You can remove masters in tes5edit. Do it at the same time as you clean the mod if you clean the mod like you are supposed to. Simply open the header and right click above the name of the master and select remove. Done masters removed and now you can go aherad and do the cleaning that should be done.

*Edit,

Also it is a very bad decision to use the CK to clean a master from the record. If you accidently remove the wrong master it will be too late. the CK saves the esp right then and there.

Same thing with cleaning the mod of dirty edits. If you clean the wrong edit it is done and saved right then and there. close the CK without saving the mod yourself and reopen the esp and it wont have the records in it. Just save yourself the chance of turning all your work into wasted space on your hard drive and use tes5edit to clean it. It wont save right away and makes a backup just incase you removed the wrong master or item.

Edited by jet4571

Which remove? I'm using Tes5edit 3.0.30.

I have a test mod where I always wanted to remove the Apachii.esm dependency. But if I RMB this, I don't get a remove option. If there is a way to remove the dependency, then it's very well hidden.

So what I did is cleand wit tes5edit, and then removed the dependncy with CK. And everything works. And I know I have to regularly save my .esps. :smile:

I have a test mod where I always wanted to remove the Apachii.esm dependency. But if I RMB this, I don't get a remove option. If there is a way to remove the dependency, then it's very well hidden.

Right-click the empty field (to the right of "Master File") right above the filename of the master you wish to remove.

Right-click the empty field (to the right of "Master File") right above the filename of the master you wish to remove.

ei2b1bh8cb86nx46g.jpg

Sorry, but looks like I'm blind folded. Where is "Master File"? Where is an empty field? The View field? I don't get any "Remove" there either.

btw. it was not only my opinion that you can't de-esmify a mod with tes5edit. After not finding it myself I did some googleing. And besides SEVERAL posts that said it's not possible, I found just one which told me it was possible with CK.