Bows & Arrows into the Wasteland.

battyman9

Side comment on the "but no one would use bows" thing...

I did some stuff with bows in Boy Scouts (yeah, yeah), but also in High School. Our gym class included an option for Archery. And this was in the NJ suburbs, not backwoods hicksville. (The sporting goods stores also do a pretty good business in bow hunting supplies, nationally. It's supported to the point that some states even have specific bow hunting seasons for deer and other animals.)

The way I picture the Fallout world, crappy bows and melee weapons seem useful for the "poor". They'd use bows on silly stuff like Mole Rats and those squirrels that keep showing up in stew, and save their couple dozen rounds of precious ammo for when the Raiders come. /shrug

Agreed. And if you've played Half-Life 2 or Team Fortress 2, you'll know just how sweet a crossbow or bow can be.

Plus, how easy would it be to make arrows? They are also reusable.

But with the bullets, I'm sure they could make them. There's bound to be a press around, or an old robot that can do it.

And as said, brahmin pat can produce some explosive results.

And one last thing.

They had moved on to lasers.... surely they had a bit more tech then we have now?

Anyway, I'm surprised there are no slings or spears or whatever. I mean, the folks on point lookout are still going, and they live in a swamp.

• 2 weeks later...
bows would be good for the reason that arrows can be re used for awhile (until you miss and hit something hard) being relativly cheap makes them useful for the poor people or use on the creatures like ants,molerats,dogs,etc. without wasting some ammo that you could be using on super mutants.

• 2 months later...

Let's keep things simple. A crossbow with a scope. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

--Oh, and explosive bolt (arrow for xbow) heads. And maybe super rare, super awesome mini nuke bolts.