Renaming weapons without the G.E.C.K.

HaNaku

I cannot understand the G.E.C.K instructions at all, so I was wondering if someone could make a mod that adds an Assembly line or something with a terminal and container where, If you put a weapon or armor in, (ANY weapon or armor that is not unique) and access the terminal, you can rename the weapon/armor to whatever you want. Would be a good addon to that A.M.P vault mod.

An example; A custom Hunting rifle with max extra damage called something like "Heavy-duty rifle" (I can't think of names)

yeah im on your side pal being able to name your gear and guns would be so cool for us people who are not gear heads

There's a problem with that... It is completely possible, although difficult to make a mod that let's you change the names of inventory items. FOSE has a setname command for this. The problem is that most of the items in the game are dynamic, meaning that everytime you drop an item the game actually creates a NEW item and removes the old item from the game. same goes for items changing inventories etc. So even if you named your favorite gun it would likely lose it's new name when you drop it or stash it somewhere. The game engine just isn't built with renaming items in mind.