Bored of Fallout 3, any tips?

katashy

Try Playing the game on all the difficulties. Like do one quest on easy, and then, do another on Very hard. It puts a twist on things. It's a very fun way to challenge yourself and game preference.

Basically, it really brings the element of survival into the game. You need to eat and drink water to stay alive, sleep to sustain yourself.

Hopefully, the hunger system is not as vicious as say, nethack.

Every. Single. Time. that I died in nethack, it was due to either starvation, or getting sick from eating something nasty out of desperation. Every. Single. Time. :wallbash:

Or you can run an ironman mode where, if you die, you have to delete your savegame and start again. That'll really change the way you play the game.

Ah, that brings back memories of Diablo. Though, what you describe is less ironman and more just plain "hardcore." When we in the legit Diablo community played strict "ironman" there was no saving at all--you die, that's it, unless someone has a rez scroll. :D. Actually I recently played several ironman games with a friend. We never made it past the Catacombs. :D We started off with a rogue/mage combo, but that often resulted in a lot of painful friendly fire.

It was truly a feat for an ironman group to make it through all sixteen levels and slay Big D. Unlike in Fallout 3, there's no skipping to the end. ;)

And then there were the truly crazy, LOL-Ironman games... LOL being "Living Off the Land" -- No purchasing or selling things in town. Period.

Come to think of it, a lot of the old Diablo variant playstyles might be workable in Fallout 3... hmmm

I got bored of playing power-armoured and plasma-wielding super soldiers, so I'm playing an albino with awful equipment. She only comes out at sunrise, sunset and night, otherwise I RP damage to her because of the sun. To further handicap myself, she only wears a Wasteland Wanderer outfit (DR 2) and uses either a Hunting Rifle or a PPSH from FOOK. I'm also using MMM and Increased Increased Increased Spawns, so my fairly weak character frequently comes across hordes of Night Ghouls. Frak me, those things are fast.

On my next game, I'm going to try never going into a major settlement. That could be fun.