Body mod!

Fnorkus

I'm requesting a body-mod that's the opposite to all those idiotic nude mods and all.

On behalf of everyone anything like me I say:

Make them fat!!!

The real problem is not so much that such a project would be a total waste of effort on anyone's part since there are very few people who would honestly want something like this applied to ALL npcs of a given gender, as it is a problem simply with how the bodies are weighted to the human skeleton. The human skeleton does not allow for much girth as the distance between shoulders and hips cannot be changed without having to re-make every animation. Without such a change, anything that might appear to be a very fat individual would have quite alot of clipping with themselves, and their equipped weapon. Even if fat people was your thing, the result would look horrible in almost every regard.

Vagrant0 said the same thing I was going to. We tried making a FAT NPC for the Spartan 300 mod but the skeleton and animations quickly became a problem. The "fat" person would have to be converted into a creature to make it unique but then it would react like all other creatures and without any dialog...and you still had to create a custom skeleton and tons of animations!

I do think you could get away with pot-belly people. Just create clothing that makes them look fat and make sure the flag on the "equipment" says they cannot be removed when dead...similar to how Imperial Guard are done.

LHammonds

I'm requesting a body-mod that's the opposite to all those idiotic nude mods and all.

Make them fat!!!

cannot be changed without having to re-make every animation.

not at all ! you must change the skeleton, the anim are unrelated, I want mean the animation file do not have their own rigging.

Vagrant0 said the same thing I was going to. We tried making a FAT NPC for the Spartan 300 mod but the skeleton and animations quickly became a problem. The "fat" person would have to be converted into a creature to make it unique but then it would react like all other creatures and without any dialog...and you still had to create a custom skeleton and tons of animations!

there are several way to fix that.............your fatmen, he is a enemy or a friendly NPC or both ?

Make them fat!!!

not at all ! you must change the skeleton, the anim are unrelated, I want mean the animation file do not have their own rigging.

Not exactly. While it is true that the animation files have their own rigging, it is also true that all the bones contained within that animation file have specific coordinates. This can most easily be witnessed by some of the idle mods out there that make use of the spriggan stretch and other creature idles which are changed and applied to humans. In nearly every case these animations cause a noticable deformation in the length of limbs.

For those more adventurous, this deformation can also be observed when moving an animation from one creature to fill a spot on another creature... For instance, the swimming animation. Way back when I did my shepherd's ring mod, I spent a bit of time trying to utilize existing swim animations to allow the sheep to swim (since they can't normally). Although there were some differences in the number of bones, most quadruped creatures use most of the same basic bones. What happened is that when the animation was applied to the sheep, the general proportions of all the bones were changed to match the proportions of the creature the swimming animation came from, not the proportions of the normal sheep. This meant that when using the rat swimming animation, the sheep's legs became very short, and their tail became elongated. When using the horse swimming animation, their legs became very long. Even with something like the dog swimming animations, there was noticeable distortion even though they might look similar.

Make them fat!!!

Not exactly. While it is true that the animation files have their own rigging, it is also true that all the bones contained within that animation file have specific coordinates. This can most easily be witnessed by some of the idle mods out there that make use of the spriggan stretch and other creature idles which are changed and applied to humans. In nearly every case these animations cause a noticable deformation in the length of limbs.

For those more adventurous, this deformation can also be observed when moving an animation from one creature to fill a spot on another creature... For instance, the swimming animation. Way back when I did my shepherd's ring mod, I spent a bit of time trying to utilize existing swim animations to allow the sheep to swim (since they can't normally). Although there were some differences in the number of bones, most quadruped creatures use most of the same basic bones. What happened is that when the animation was applied to the sheep, the general proportions of all the bones were changed to match the proportions of the creature the swimming animation came from, not the proportions of the normal sheep. This meant that when using the rat swimming animation, the sheep's legs became very short, and their tail became elongated. When using the horse swimming animation, their legs became very long. Even with something like the dog swimming animations, there was noticeable distortion even though they might look similar.

yeah but again I don't think that you must re-make every animation.............example, horse animation do not fit with the sheep one, because the bone position was inserted for the horse skeleton (horse have long leg = Beth have inserted a keyframe for long leg, sheep have short leg)

so if you make a fat body ( I want mean something normal, not a ogre) everything should fit well IMO