Blood of the Divines (The Main Questline)

Amessagetoyou

Hello I'm trying to complete the quest mentioned above but in the first zone of Sancre Tor, after killing the Undead Blade (Ghost of Rielus does not appear) which prevents me from completing the quest. The other ghosts appear after killed (Alain, Valdemar, Casnar) I arranged all my mods by BOSS (though I don't have many mods installed)
I'd like to know how I can find out what is causing this problem :blush:

Here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm
EnhancedWeather.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
CM Partners.esm
HrmnsOblivionScriptOptimizationv1.0.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
EnhancedWeather.esp
EnhancedWeather - Darker Nights, 80.esp
AddActorValues_example.esp
Living Economy.esp
Living Economy - Items.esp
Cutthroat Merchants.esp
NPCsTravel.esp
CleanQuit.esp
Display Stats.esp
FormID Finder4.esp
kuerteeCleanUp.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
OOO-Water_Weeds.esp
OOO-DLT_Remover.esp
DBSQR.esp
DBSQR - MehrunesRazor.esp
DBSQR - OOO.esp
DBSQR - Orrery.esp
DBSQR - Shivering Isles.esp
DBSQR - Vile Lair.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DBSQR - Battlehorn Castle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
DBSQR - Knights of the Nine.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp
ScriptIcon_Replacer.esp
EnchantmentRestore.esp
EnchantmentRestore_Wells.esp
Enhanced Grabbing.esp
'Eagle Eye' Realistic Archery v1.0 Fixed.esp
CM Partners.esp
CM Partners NPC.esp
CM Partners NPC NE.esp
CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp
CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
SigilStonesAlwaysTranscendent.esp
Nekulors AI Overhaul V04-6357.esp
max spell effectiveness.esp

Also I'm using Windows 7

Thanks in advance for assistance :cool:

Edited by Amessagetoyou

You didn't by any chance let him chase you outside and then kill him?

Nope, I even actually tried a savegame BEFORE I even entered Sancre Tor and the same thing happened, just the first Undead Blade, the rest works fine.

Also, the curious thing is that the body of the undead blade had 2 "Amulet of the Ansei".

The same thing happened with Umbra (She was wearing a full ebony armor and one additional piece in her inventory)

I'm starting to think this is mod related, but I LITERALLY did everything shown on readme and sorted them using BOSS. :confused:

I believe you when you say likely mod related, but finding out which will be a process of elimination. The UESP Wiki mentions a possible problem with Alain, and the possible fix being using the console command placeatme 364bb (the baseID for the undead Blade skeleton, not his ghost form's baseID). To see if the same trick would work for you it would be placeatme 364ba and then kill the skeleton form of Rielus again (I'm thinking maybe whatever mod messed things up has messed up his skeleton but not his ghost, and you can maybe get his unaltered skeleton that way).

Edited by Striker879

I believe you when you say likely mod related, but finding out which will be a process of elimination. The UESP Wiki mentions a possible problem with Alain, and the possible fix being using the console command placeatme 364bb (the baseID for the undead Blade skeleton, not his ghost form's baseID). To see if the same trick would work for you it would be placeatme 364ba and then kill the skeleton form of Rielus again (I'm thinking maybe whatever mod messed things up has messed up his skeleton but not his ghost, and you can maybe get his unaltered skeleton that way).

Thank you for suggestion :) But I think I already found what was wrong, It was this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26638/

Could you please be a little specific about the skeleton thing? Can I still activate the mod and benefit from it without touching Rielus's skeleton?

What I'd suggest is disable the Static Quest Rewards mod while you do Blood of the Divines. Once you get finished re-enable Static Quest Rewards. You're probably using it on a lower level character so you'll want to "console gift" a better set of rewards for Blood of the Divines.

Open the console using the tilde (~) key (found right below the Esc key on standard keyboards). At the console prompt enter the following commands (all without the quotation marks): "player.additem 187bbe 1" (for the Amulet of Ansei, best level), "player.additem 187bc0 1" (for Mishaxhi's Cleaver) and "player.additem 187bc3 1" (for Northwind). For Valdemar's Shield the baseID you'll want will depend on whether or not you have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP) installed (in the vanilla game the best item is found at level 15 - 19 ... reflect damage 10%, while the level 20+ item is reflect damage 9%, something the UOP fixes). If you have the UOPinstalled then "player.additem 187bbc 1" and if you do not have the UOP installed then "player.additem 187bbb 1".

Before you do the console gifting you should take the ones you originally got while doing the quest and either put them in any old container that respawns (if you want to get rid of them) or a non-respawning container such as one in any of the player homes (if you want to keep the extra for display purposes or something).

Edited by Striker879

What I'd suggest is disable the Static Quest Rewards mod while you do Blood of the Divines. Once you get finished re-enable Static Quest Rewards. You're probably using it on a lower level character so you'll want to "console gift" a better set of rewards for Blood of the Divines.

Open the console using the tilde (~) key (found right below the Esc key on standard keyboards). At the console prompt enter the following commands (all without the quotation marks): "player.additem 187bbe 1" (for the Amulet of Ansei, best level), "player.additem 187bc0 1" (for Mishaxhi's Cleaver) and "player.additem 187bc3 1" (for Northwind). For Valdemar's Shield the baseID you'll want will depend on whether or not you have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP) installed (in the vanilla game the best item is found at level 15 - 19 ... reflect damage 10%, while the level 20+ item is reflect damage 9%, something the UOP fixes). If you have the UOPinstalled then "player.additem 187bbc 1" and if you do not have the UOP installed then "player.additem 187bbb 1".

Before you do the console gifting you should take the ones you originally got while doing the quest and either put them in any old container that respawns (if you want to get rid of them) or a non-respawning container such as one in any of the player homes (if you want to keep the extra for display purposes or something).

Thanks a lot, that makes sense now :blush: But my character is already 19 so I think I'm gonna disable it and probably play without it, if it has a problem like this with a main quest, then it is in no stable condition in my opinion.

I've zero experience with that mod, but I did notice another post today mentioning that it's got it's issues. That whole leveled special loot thing is a pain in the neck. Maskar has a pretty good solution in Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, but I've been holding off until I start a new character to give it a try. To me the perfect solution would be as you level your found loot levels as well, so you don't get penalized for doing a quest with a low level character. The vanilla system means you need to study up on every quest and decide which loot you don't care about and do those quests while your guy's still a wimp. I always have this huge backlog of quests that I can't do until my guy gets leveled, so it's either pain in the butt or "console gifting".