Oblivion.exe is missing!!!

Birrii

I'm really desperate here. When I uninstall and reinstall Oblivion, it doesn't isntall the Oblivion.exe (the oblivion executer). WHAT SHOULD I DO?! :O

The Oblivion Launcher works fine, but when I click on play, it says:

"The oblivion Launcher could not find the Oblivion game executable.

Please reinstall Oblivion."

I've reinstalled it TWICE!!! And besides, the Game Launcher shortcut doesn't show the original picture (you know, the brown sign the with a dot in the middle), but it shows the typical Windows sign: The blank page with small pictures in it.

What can I do?? ;(

Why are you needing to reinstall in the first place?

Which Operating system are you using? Windows XP or Vista? If it's Vista make sure to install the game in the C: root directory and not in program files. Other than that I use XP, so I can't help with Vista.

Using any mods? Post a load order using OBMM if yes.

Quoted from the actual game Readme:

If you repeatedly uninstall and re-install Oblivion, certain systems will display an error message if you try to uninstall Oblivion again. To fix this, put your Oblivion disk in and run setup.exe. This will clear up the error and you can uninstall and reinstall the game.

A little more info would be of help.

Thank you Miagrets, but I've figured it out. I'm using Vista, but I've just restored my system. Now everything is fine, but thank you anyway.

:)

• 5 years later...

I need help it all started today I decided to get this cool mod well the mod required a oblivion script extender so I downloaded it and played it and then it said "You Are using the 1.1.0.425 Beta Patch Please upgrade to 1.2.0.452" so I did and then it told me to uninstall and reinstall oblivion so I did and now I'm missing my executable or "Oblivion.Exe" Any Help?