ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

red sky near oblivion gates

docbs1

i have a little problem and i can't find the answer anywhere

i never have the sky turning red near oblivion gates, as it was suposed, and sometimes inside the plane of oblivion as well. sometimes if i reenter the plane i finally have that red sky but many times it remains a normal tamrielic sky even when i enter one of the plames no matter how many times i restart the game or even the computer

i doubt this has anything to to with my overmodded copy of oblivion, as these mods worked before in a different computer, though there aren't mny other possibilities.

although i don't recall seeing a red sky when aproaching a gate i always had it when insede the plane.

so i just wonder if there is any kind of fix, even by console, as it totally ruins ambient inside the planes with an horizon of red lava and a shiny blue sky... it's not creepy anymore, just boring

thank you in advance

ah this problem happened to me save as you said nowhere told me how to fix it. altho i found that if you uninstall ur game and make a backup of your data files just re-install the game and there you should have it :D if that doesnt work its probably your save. also i found that if you go to the options and change some settings like turnin shadows off and turnin the water detail to low it helps. :thanks:

thnks for the tips

i wont reinstall the game, as i'm not in the mood :P , and none of the other tips seem to work, even if i fast travel many times and wait a few hours, it remains the same, at same gates it works randomly, on other ones it just doesn't work at all

i still think that i would get allong pretty well with something i could type in console mode in order to change the sky inside the planes, as this is most annoying there, so if anyone knows the answer or where i can see how to change weather in console to "oblivion weather" i would appreciate if you let me know

sorry m8 its the only way to make it happen. unfortunatly there isnt a command for the console to make the weather change unless you reinstall so it can re-add any lost data. unless you can texture model and script a new sky lol

The console command is:

ForceWeather 00067199

The command to undo it is:

ReleaseWeatherOverride

Note that this second command is slow to take effect, but the program will execute it after awhile.

well good to know but i think i fixed the problem already.

it seems that natural weather was somehow messing with that, i installed all natural mod and it worked at least on one gate that was not working yesterday

thanks anyway, it will be usefull if this happens again

ah, natural weather. some have said it works great w/ all mods, others, myslef included, have had probs w/ it. snow in leyawin anyone? anyway, i use enhanced weather now. great mod, no conflicts, comes w/ darker nights. try it out.