I need an opinion (Skyrim CK land modding)

Kurzusseus

Hello, I'll make this short. I had the idea to warp the entire land around on Skyrim for two reasons.

1. To pass some time, and entertain me.

2. I thought it would be fun to experience Skyrim on a new level.

What I wanted to do was essentially remove ALL vanilla area's such as Whiterun, Riverwood,Winterhold etc and clean up

the dungeons. I would then add npc's to the dungeons, and add more dragons, making it seem like you've

traveled back in time when the dragons ruled and the dragonpriest's were alive. So it would be difficult to

survive with MORE dragon's if your a low level, and crypts would essentially, become homes, or safe zones with

npcs.

However I'm afraid of the effect it could have on the game to delete every vanilla land, and replace it with

empty road's since Riverwood wasn't built hundreds of years ago. I didn't really have intention's of releasing this

to the public, unless its allowed- and people want to try it, but I thought it would be entertaining if I could pull

it off, and start in the land of Skyrim before the ice elves were killed, before the dwemer vanished etc.

(Granted my knowledge isn't the best on Skyrim's history.)

End Of Explanation.

The Question.

(Can I remove vanilla land using the creation kit without problems?)

(And if there are problems 'which there more then likely is.' how difficult would it be to fix them?)

Edited by FalloutZaxus

The best way to go about this is to extract the heighmaps for each quad (9 in total if I remember correctly) and stitch them back together in Photoshop. Then create a new worldspace esp / esm using TESAnnwyn and the extracted Tamriel heightmap.

I did this a while ago, but i don't know if I've still got the esp / esm. I'll have a look through some of my old (passing the time :) ) projects and post a link if I find it.

The best way to go about this is to extract the heighmaps for each quad (9 in total if I remember correctly) and stitch them back together in Photoshop. Then create a new worldspace esp / esm using TESAnnwyn and the extracted Tamriel heightmap.

I did this a while ago, but i don't know if I've still got the esp / esm. I'll have a look through some of my old (passing the time :smile: ) projects and post a link if I find it.

I don't have photoshop so that is completely impossible for me.

so is it still possible just to go about Creation kit and delete everything but save it as a plugin so that when the plugin is

enabled- all major cities in Skyrim are gone, and the temples are refurbished I think is the word? Cause i really would like to

experiment and try living in the older time with a gameplay- but I don't want to mess up Skyrim, or damage it beyond repair.

Tamb0 is right in that extracting the height map and using it to create a new worldspace would be best. Don't need photoshop. Gimp is free and would work just as well.

Im not sayimg it's impossible to do what you're suggesting but im sure you would run into heaps of problem by deleting all the vanilla stuff and I doubt it would be stable.

Quicker to start with a new worldspace for sure.

Edited by mrpdean

Tamb0 is right in that extracting the height map and using it to create a new worldspace would be best. Don't need photoshop. Gimp is free and would work just as well.

Im not sayimg it's impossible to do what you're suggesting but im sure you would run into heaps of problem by deleting all the vanilla stuff and I doubt it would be stable.

Quicker to start with a new worldspace for sure.

Ok, could you perhaps link me to a tutorial on how to extract the height maps?

I have gimp already and have used it for texturing in the past, but I'm not a professional at it.

I've worked on creation kit WAY longer though but this would probably be my third time

extracting anything and my first time extracting height maps.

So I don't really know where to begin.

Thanks in advance for all the help thus far, I hope extracting the height maps isn't too difficult, but I've

been able to tackle many things before haha.

I don't think there is a tutorial on this and I couldn't find the plugin file that I made a while ago.

To do this is a bit complex, so to write down the procedure would take too long. I thought it would be quicker just to make a quick master for you with the Tamriel_New worldspace in it.

Download it here -

http://tambomedia.com/Site_Pages/Misc/Tamriel_New.zip (approx 26MB)

The worldspace is named Tamriel_New

Due to the way TESAnnwynn exports the worldspace, I flattened a lot of the sea bed at a depth of -115m to the far north (Sea of Ghosts). Skyrim has a sea bed that is approx -360m, which is far too deep anyway. You can add your own underwater mountains and valleys if you want, but personally, I think its still too deep to bother about.

Quick pic -

http://tambomedia.com/Site_Pages/Misc/L3DT_Tamriel.jpg

Because this is a master file, you will have to set up Version Control to edit it properly.

I also had to extend the heightmap dimensions to 4096 x 4096 so that LOD can be generated properly in Oscape. This is why you'll see the land drop away outwith the 3808 x 3008 bounds of the original Tamriel heightmap.

Hope you find this useful for your mod :smile:

** On a side note, Sea level is now at 0.0 insted of the original -14000 and the left/right, up/down position may not be exactly the same, but it's close. Bethesda offset the heightmap slighlty to confuse us I think :smile:

Edited by Tamb0

I don't think there is a tutorial on this and I couldn't find the plugin file that I made a while ago.

To do this is a bit complex, so to write down the procedure would take too long. I thought it would be quicker just to make a quick master for you with the Tamriel_New worldspace in it.

Download it here -

http://tambomedia.com/Site_Pages/Misc/Tamriel_New.zip (approx 26MB)

The worldspace is named Tamriel_New

Due to the way TESAnnwynn exports the worldspace, I flattened a lot of the sea bed at a depth of -115m to the far north (Sea of Ghosts). Skyrim has a sea bed that is approx -360m, which is far too deep anyway. You can add your own underwater mountains and valleys if you want, but personally, I think its still too deep to bother about.

Quick pic -

http://tambomedia.com/Site_Pages/Misc/L3DT_Tamriel.jpg

Because this is a master file, you will have to set up Version Control to edit it properly.

I also had to extend the heightmap dimensions to 4096 x 4096 so that LOD can be generated properly in Oscape. This is why you'll see the land drop away outwith the 3808 x 3008 bounds of the original Tamriel heightmap.

Hope you find this useful for your mod :smile:

** On a side note, Sea level is now at 0.0 insted of the original -14000 and the left/right, up/down position may not be exactly the same, but it's close. Bethesda offset the heightmap slighlty to confuse us I think :smile:

Ok I thought a youtube video would be somewhere on the internet, but wasn't sure.

This basically will give me an entire worldspace EXACTLY like Tamerial, but with a difference in water depth?

So will all the ruins still be there- or is that for me to add them?

Thanks for all the help and the downoad! =D

...So will all the ruins still be there- or is that for me to add them?

The only thing that's extracted is the landscape profile. I don't know of any way to extract the land and the landscape statics. It may be possible with a TESVedit script. You would have to ask the guys on the TESVedit post. (Nexus Forums or the Bethesda CK Forums, not sure which)

Found this over at Dark Creations -

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/832-tamriel-worldspace-copy/

This looks like a duplicate with all the statics included.

That looks more promising. I tested and was able to open it up in creation kit

but it took much longer to open, and made reference of two existing actors.

I can only assume that the same NPC existing in both worlds poses a problem?

And it seems like they copied more then just the statics, they copied npc's, triggers, and

minor things. But no Navmesh, so I need to re-Navmesh all of Skyrim? wow!

finally, I was able to test and delete something in this copy world, a trigger named

Civilwartriggereventduplicate001

but when I click delete, it asks if I'm sure I want to delete civilwartriggerevent.

This isn't asking if I want to delete that none duplicated version right?

cause I want to delete the duplicated version on the copy world since

I wont be needing the civil war in this history mod.

Sorry for all the questions but seeing as this could damage my game. I want to get a second

opinion on this all before I continue.

Edited by FalloutZaxus