I need an opinion (Skyrim CK land modding)

Kurzusseus

I'm pretty sure you can delete the reference. As long as the Form ID doesn't begin with 00 (Skyrim.esm) or 01 (if you have Update.esm as a master as well), then the changes shouldn't affect your game.

Ok I just tested it and it works out fine. Deleting doesn't delete the original, and everything seems

to move around just fine. The only thing is when I save- creation kit shows the loading icon

as its trying to save everything. CK says, Not responding- and nothing is happening.

The whole thing freezes up for about thirty minutes, and as I type this I'm still waiting.

I just had a look at the files and was quite suprised to see that they are esp's.

I think the file is too big to be worked on as an esp. It will have to be converted to a master file (esm) and edited using Version Control.

The person that posted the files is probably stripping things out using TES5edit.

** You should be using TamrielCopy02.esp. that's the latest version.

Edited by Tamb0

since it needs to be edited using version control, that means I can't use Creation kit at all to do as I wanted?

or is version control something of creation kit I don't know about yet?

And furthermore, since the file is too big- wouldn't that make it impossible to play as a plug-in since its too big in itself?

cause after I finish removing land, and editing to make it look historical, and revising the ruins to look a little less old and

full of cultist- I want to actually play it as a save game to have kinda like my own experience of my own historical story.

Version Control is built into the CK, but is disabled by default. This Wiki page explains how to set it up and use it -

http://www.creationkit.com/Version_control

You won't be playing the game with a plugin file, you'll playing the game with another master file.

Master files do not have the size restictions that plugins have. It's only when a plugin becomes too big, that is has to be converted to a master file (esm).

Edited by Tamb0

Ah thanks. Ok I'll see about getting to work then.

I may need to convert some other files I know to master file cause I'm working

on island expansions (Custom world spaces.) and they are planned to be big.

but right now I need to overcome a glitch, certain ground texture has gone black

and time is frozen at 12:00 I don't know what to do...but this isn't for this topic

thanks for all the help!

(if you by chance want to dwindle more on my other problem, pm me or something cause

I really could use some help with this bug. I've already posted on technical support.)

The ground texture problem is usually too many textures in the cell quad.

Each cell is divided into 4 quadrants and each quadrant can have a maximum of 6 textures.

In the Render window, move the position of your viewpoint so that you are directly above the cell with the black textures (press B to see cell borders). Make sure the Render Window is active and press H. This will open the landscape editor. Make the Render Window active again and press I.

This new window is a view of the 4 quadrants of the cell and has information on the textures used in each quadrant. Look for any quadrants that have more than 6 textures. Right click on the texture with the lowest percentage and select Replace. Make sure you replace it with one of the other textures in the quadrant. If the quadrant has 8 textures, then you would do this twice.

Can't help with the time problem...sounds like some sort of scripting issue.

Edited by Tamb0

The ground texture problem is usually too many textures in the cell quad.

Oh no, not like that. I know that error with creation kit. I'm talking about, in gameplay. The texture of the ground is pure black. and

when I step in it, my entire visual goes black and I can't see anything but the inventory when I hit tab. I can play my other characters fine without

the missing texture, but my newest mage character is having these problems.

During my search- I un-covered how messing with the timescale in console could possibly cause the time problem. But i haven't found anyway around it.

people who have run into this error usually resort to starting a new game. But this character is 48 and that would be a lot of work lost over a time glitch.

Edited by FalloutZaxus

When your creating and testing a mod, you are supposed to do it with a new character and no mods whatsoever loaded. Just the vanilla game itself.

Only test with a new game. Disable all mods and start a new game. Go through the whole Helgen thing and when you emerge from the cave, save at that point.

Only use this character for mod testing.

Your saved game probably has a lot of references to scripts (amongst other stuff) that are running in the background.

Usually when I test a mod I just load a savegame I'm playing and see if I like the mod- but I don't make any additional saves- in case I don't like the mod- when I re-load

with the mod deactivated, it doesn't effect the game since I'm loading a save from before the mod was activated. (if that makes any sense.)

I think I may have fixed the error myself by simply re-loading the oldest save I have. Its running fine now, but the glitch only

occurred after beating the Dragonborn DLC so I'll know for sure when I reach the end again.