Your idea of the perfect mod

UrbanGamer

Hi there.

Even if the fallout 3 community can now mod, there are always stuff that we want, and this stuff is almost always never done. So talk here about your idea of the perfect mod. Maybe some good modder will manage to make it, who knows :biggrin:

Here is my idea of a perfect mod :

A mod which replaces the worldmap and the game mechanics in a lot of points.

First, the wasteland is replaced by a giant, dead desert (I really would like to explore dunes in an infinite sand ocean), adds some small junk villages, and a really big city (when I say BIG, I talk about something as big as DC ruins) with a lot of people inside.

Then it changes the enemies : you know fight against ghouls which are superior in number. The day they are hiding in dark places and the night they attack every living thing on their way. Their eyes are good during night but the day they are blinded by the sun, so their principal weakness is big sources of light, that's why they always try do destroy them as soon as possible.

It also removes any vanilla quests and adds new ones.

It makes you begin in the desert, close to one of the small city (random beginning place). You must go to the village and stay there for a few days. Then you have the choice between staying there and making it your home or getting out and looking for a new village. It should be greater if the village where you live chief came to you and asks you if you stay and buy a home or if you go after some days staying in the city, and these chiefs could be killed and replaced by another chief.

After these few days staying in the city you have a choice between some vocations (you make the choice by accomplishing actions) :

- Nomad :

You don't like to stay in cities and you have this feeling you always need to discover more and more things. You're a nomad, exploring, trading and surviving the day and settling in a small tent the night. Since you must make your own camp and since you're always alone in the desert, you are a good prey for the ghouls and other creatures. But your natural ability to have agile hands makes repairing and building stuff easy for you.

- Settler :

You don't like to stay in little cities and the Big city is just too big for you. So you decided to make your own city. Using junk materials and your hands, you're little by little creating a camp, then a village, then a city. People are attracted by your city as fast as it grows up. During night you must defend it from ghouls and day, you improve it. Don't forget to care about your citizens : defense isn't all. If you don't construct houses and make your city a good place to live, they will all leave. But if you like to stay away from the other, staying alone in a big fort, you can too.

- Villager :

You installed in a village or a city and you're living here like a normal citizen. Sometimes you get out of the city, looking for items in the great desert, but you always get back in time to avoid ghouls. Being a villager can be really boring, but if you try to make things interesting, you can easily become an important person in the city (cook, mechanic, or even chief). You don't really care about ghouls since most of them can't pass through your city defenses, but danger is still here, from the interior...

The mod could also add needs like eating, drinking or sleeping.

For the map limit, it could be replaced by an extrem radioactivity killing you if you go too far, or getting to far make you collapse, and the night you get killed by ghouls.

Radioactivity :

In fallout 3, getting irradiated by radioactivity doesn't affect your appearance. It this mod, it will. If you stay too long in a radiocative place or if you don't get rid of your rad-level in time, your skin is affected, then you become a ghoul. You can see in the dark, but you have a higher need to eat, cities and people are hostile (but other ghouls aren't anymore), you are weaker, but radiations heals you now.

Also, if one of your limbs get crippled you have significiant and really handicaping effects.

EYE : you need to wear an eyepatch, your field of view is smaller and you can't use your goggles anymore. (You can't have both eyes crippled and once you get an eye crippled, you can't cure it)

Arm : You can't use 2 handed weapons anymore. You can't carry heavy objects and you can't fight with your hands correctly. There are two degrees for this : crippled and dismembered. If you get crippled you can still cure it but a dismembered arm is definitive. If one of your arm get dismembered, your other one can just be crippled.

Leg : You can't run or walk correctly. Carrying heavy objects in your backpack is impossible. You can't get a leg dismembered.

That's all. Maybe it could add driveable stuff or the whole world as world map and not only a desert. I don't know.

And what's YOUR idea of the perfect mod ?

All that stuff is well and good, but my idea of the perfect mod: Hef's Mansion Mod. If someone could do that mod, I think Fallout 3 would replace every other game. :)

But seriously, I would love it if we could have more realistic economics and get involved in real estate and post-apoc style industry. I got a ton of caps and I want to spend them!

Indeed, too much caps and so little to spend them on.

I wouldn't have a clue of the perfect mod in my case, but I would like playing on Roaches as you play on horses. Or Roach wrestling...