Graphics Question

I just installed Fallout 3 on a new CPU and occasionally in the game I will get the main title screen flickering over about 1-2 inches of the right side of the screen. I have no other problems other than this at this point. Does anyone have any idea what this may be and how to correct?

CPU is,

Intel i7

3 GB ddr3 ram

Geforce 9800gt

Window Vista 64 bit SP1

DirectX 10

I just updated all drivers since I just recieved the computer and I have installed Fallout 3 in it's own folder, not in the programs folder, to avoid and UAC issues with Windos Vista. I would greatlu appreciate any advice or ideas about this. Thank you.

I am not real good with windows but there is a clock and CPU & RAM usage items on that side. If that is what you are refering to what is the best way to disable. I am new to PC gaming so please forgive my ignorance. all the info I used getting to where I am I did by researching on many sites and forums including this one.

I figured out the sidebar and it may have been the problem. I wil update if it doesn't work. Thank you for the pointer on the side bar and for the warm welcome, Skotte.

yea just close windows side bar, if you need it again you can find it here C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar just click the exe file.