Ardentryst. A Unique, Free RPG.

new61

I have stumbled upon a super addicting RPG game called "Ardentryst" that I am pretty sure no-one has heard of.

Quote from author:

"Ardentryst is an action/RPG sidescoller, focused not just on fighting, but on story, and character development. Strategy as well as reflexes will be needed to overcome the game. The game is set in another world. It is somewhat a cross between Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Castlevania and Kingdom Hearts. Ardentryst is focused on a fantasy world. The player is guided through a storyline which he or her must act in and play a major role in keeping peace and order in Ardentryst. It features two playable characters and a variety of weapons, items, armour, monsters, and beautiful level scenery and graphics."

It is written purely in Python - plus it is open source and completely free!

My character pwning:

Check it out here:

http://jordan.trudgett.com/

Tell me what you think! :wink:

I have stumbled upon a super addicting RPG game called "Ardentryst" that I am pretty sure no-one has heard of.

Quote from author:

"Ardentryst is an action/RPG sidescoller, focused not just on fighting, but on story, and character development. Strategy as well as reflexes will be needed to overcome the game. The game is set in another world. It is somewhat a cross between Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Castlevania and Kingdom Hearts. Ardentryst is focused on a fantasy world. The player is guided through a storyline which he or her must act in and play a major role in keeping peace and order in Ardentryst. It features two playable characters and a variety of weapons, items, armour, monsters, and beautiful level scenery and graphics."

It is also open source, so it is completely free!

Check it out here:

http://jordan.trudgett.com/

Tell me what you think! :wink:

Looks like another half-assed flash game to me. Side scrollers just don't cut it these days, especially when their interface looks borrowed from Diablo. The fact that 4/5 of the screenshots showing the game are shots of various menus doesn't help things. If someone wants to get an idea of what the game looks like, that's just not the way to do it. Adding stuff like points and high scores only makes things worse. It's not a RPG, you don't play a role of the character. It's a platformer, you just have a few choices with weapons. Just because it has a story doesn't make it an RPG.

hehehe...when I first saw the red health and blue magick indicator orbs, I thought they were butts.

http://jordan.trudgett.com/images/screenshot1239843110.png