Ren's Hairstyles with the Construction Set

dlamey8015

Hey, dlamey!

We can't help you if you don't give us enough information. How did you add the hairstyle to your NPC? And which version of the Construction Set are you using?

The regular Construction Set can't set another esp file (Ren's Hair) as Master of an esp file (your NPC mod). Only the Construction Set Extended can do this.

With the regular Construction Set, in order to use Ren's Hair as master you need to convert its esp into an esm (using Wrye Bash), use the converted esm as master for your NPC mod, and once finished, use Wrye Bash to change your mod dependency from Ren's esm (the one you created) to the original Ren's esp.

Or add the hair manually into the CS using the Character - Hair properties window (there you create a new hairstyle, path it to use the Ren's Hair mesh and texture you want, and then assign this new hair to the race your NPC is).

If you use Construction Set Extended, just load Ren's Hair esp together with your NPC mod (make your NPC mod the Active File) and add the hair to the race as usual, then save your mod, no need to esmify nor espify nor anything else.

And once installed your NPC mod, don't forget to run Archive Invalidation.

Cheers!

Are you sure you have OBSE properly installed?

Cheers!

I followed the instructions and placed the obse loader, editor, and dll in the oblivion directory. Is there more to it?

Yes, there is more. In addtion to these three files, you need to put on your main Oblivion folder the Data folder that is included in the downloaded Zip, and click YES when your OS tells you that there is already a DATA folder. This will create the oblivion/data/OBSE sub-folder in your system, and in this folder, the obse.ini file.

But bear in mind that I forgot to mention (I'm sorry) what Striker told you in his previous message: you need to have the system files he tells you.

Cheers!

There are also issues saving scripts with CSE if you are using any ENBs or similar that add a "d3d9.dll" to your Oblivion folder. To start CSE you'll use the batch file "Launch CSE.bat" (or edit your old shortcut and add "-notimeout" after the "-editor" ... if you weren't using OBSE at all prior to this you need to do further editing on the old CS shortcut).

The solution to the ENB problem is simply renaming "d3d9.dll" while you're running CSE. There's another version of the Launch CSE.bat that takes care of that. Let me know if it would apply in your case.

There are also issues saving scripts with CSE if you are using any ENBs or similar that add a "d3d9.dll" to your Oblivion folder. To start CSE you'll use the batch file "Launch CSE.bat" (or edit your old shortcut and add "-notimeout" after the "-editor" ... if you weren't using OBSE at all prior to this you need to do further editing on the old CS shortcut).

The solution to the ENB problem is simply renaming "d3d9.dll" while you're running CSE. There's another version of the Launch CSE.bat that takes care of that. Let me know if it would apply in your case.

None of this applies.