(Some) animals and creatures are frozen

0gopogo

It should of been running correctly if the right skeletons were installed properly. I find installing the skeletons after the animations works best.

• 7 months later...

Start the FNIS generator and press the "De-Install Creatures" button. See if it'S fixed.

If not, run the Steam VerifyCache.

If this doesn't help, then look, for example, look for a meshes/actors/sabrecat folder. Rename this.

If this helps please report back. I would be interested what is in this folder what causes your problems (if it's not FNIS creatures).

"De-Install Creatures" button on FNIS worked like a charm :-) I like the idea of verifying the cache on Steam as well but I'm not sure it would work if done BEFORE you re-name the animal/creature meshes. Glad I didn't have to go that route.

• 1 year later...

I was having t pose on fire elementals, cows and sheep for what I knew, so I did what obsidianbeard said and problem solved, thanks. Just installed fnis creature, pressed de-install creatures, uninstalled fnis creatures and run the fnis animation reader

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for that tip i had all the animals and all the undead frozen and de-install button did it for me thank you i was desperate !

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The save I was loading had been last saved without mods. I started a new game just to play around with mods a bit and see if there were any which I would like to have on my more advanced play through. I did start a new game, as you suggested, but just like the horses were frozen and unmoving, just like the other situations. That seems to suggest, at least, that it is a game-wide issue, not relating to a save file.

The De-install creature button just worked for me.

So it must be good for some issues.

I uninstalled a mod that I didn't like ... the SexLab Framework ... and had frozen animals. I used De-Install creatures on FNIS, and it seemed to fix this issue. This was my first experiment with using "adult" mods. I think that I can do without them ...

Who can live without them?

You have to have somewhere to fantasize all day. ;-]

• 4 months later...

So, I am trying the de-install creatures button and it will go through the process, but for some reason I can click this button infinitely.. It doesn't gray out after I click it and I am having issues with some frozen creatures as well.