Fighters Guild Guildmaster's chest with A LOT items

mathguareschi

Hey everyone.

This isn't a bad bug at all, but it can make the game a little too easy.

I've completed the Fighter's Guild questline. Gave some orders to the Dunmer (forgot the name) and let it be.

A while later I'm back to Chorrol and decide to drop by the guildmaster chest to check out the loot and. after 10 or so seconds, the chest opens up with A LOT of weapons, armor, rings, potions and something around 680.000 septims.

My guess is that the game originated at least one of each possible item on the chest (there are some with up to 30 or some copies of each!).

While this is obviously good, I think it will unbalance the game. I've grabbed two chameleon's ring but there's no way to work around the gold: or I get rich all of a sudden or I'll never be able to get my rewards from the guild.

Any tips?

Here's the load order:

• Oblivion.esm
  • DLCHorseArmor.esp
  • DLCOrrery.esp
  • DBShadowSet_Argonian.esp
  • DBShadowSet_Khajiit.esp
  • DBShadowSet.esp
  • DBShadowSet_NE.esp
  • DBShadowSet_Argonian_NE.esp
  • DBShadowSet_Khajiit_NE.esp
  • DLCFrostcrag.esp
  • DLCThievesDen.esp
  • DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
  • DLCSpellTomes.esp
  • Knights.esp
  • DLCShiveringIsles.esp
  • AttributesEasy.esp
  • FarmersStrikeBack.esp
  • HUD Status Bars.esp
  • Alternate Start Revamped.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 1.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 2.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 3.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part A.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part B.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part C.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part D.esp
  • Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part E.esp
  • Blademan's Better Birthsigns.esp
  • Dwarf 2.0.1.esp
  • MidasSpells.esp
  • Dude Wheres My Horse.esp
  • DarkBrotherhoodChronicles.esp
  • Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp
  • Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp
  • Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp
  • Quest Award Leveller.esp
  • UVIII.esp
  • DLCVileLair.esp
  • Harvest [Flora].esp
  • Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp
  • Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp
  • Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp

Edited by mathguareschi

First thing I'd look at is Quest Award Leveller. I haven't done the FG with my new guy, but my old guy had already accumulated over 2 million gold before completing the FG questline, so I seldom even looked to see what was in the chest (I don't use any award levelers).

Of the three options you can choose at the end of the quest line none really have a "do nothing option". Here's what the UESP Wiki has on it:

At this point, the Fighters Guild quest line is officially finished. However, as the master of the guild, you get to determine the guild's overall priorities. Your choice will affect the reward that gets placed in the "Guildmaster's Chest" (on the top floor of the Chorrol guildhall) every month. At any point you can talk to Modryn to change the guild's current priorities. Your choice will remain in effect until you tell Modryn otherwise. The choices are:

Focus on recruitment: Your monthly gold is one half of the standard amount. However, you have a better chance of receiving random loot (10% chance 3 items, 10% chance 2 items, 11% chance 1 item; 69% chance no items).
Focus on getting contracts: Your monthly gold is double the standard amount, but you only have a 11% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (89% chance no items).
Focus on both equally: Your monthly gold is the standard amount. You have a 21% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (79% chance no items).
The standard monthly gold is a randomly determined amount from 0 to 990 gold; it is not influenced by your character's level. The random loot is generated from a special leveled list. An item has equal chances of being any one of the following seven types of items: an enchanted bow; enchanted armor; an enchanted blade weapon; an enchanted blunt weapon; enchanted arrows; enchanted jewelry or potions. Within each category, the specific item is randomly determined using the same leveled lists used to place loot in dungeons or equip NPCs. See Generic Magic Weapons and Generic Magic Apparel for more details on what types of items are included.
Edited by Striker879

First thing I'd look at is Quest Award Leveller. I haven't done the FG with my new guy, but my old guy had already accumulated over 2 million gold before completing the FG questline, so I seldom even looked to see what was in the chest (I don't use any award levelers).

Of the three options you can choose at the end of the quest line none really have a "do nothing option". Here's what the UESP Wiki has on it:

At this point, the Fighters Guild quest line is officially finished. However, as the master of the guild, you get to determine the guild's overall priorities. Your choice will affect the reward that gets placed in the "Guildmaster's Chest" (on the top floor of the Chorrol guildhall) every month. At any point you can talk to Modryn to change the guild's current priorities. Your choice will remain in effect until you tell Modryn otherwise. The choices are:

Focus on recruitment: Your monthly gold is one half of the standard amount. However, you have a better chance of receiving random loot (10% chance 3 items, 10% chance 2 items, 11% chance 1 item; 69% chance no items).
Focus on getting contracts: Your monthly gold is double the standard amount, but you only have a 11% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (89% chance no items).
Focus on both equally: Your monthly gold is the standard amount. You have a 21% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (79% chance no items).
The standard monthly gold is a randomly determined amount from 0 to 990 gold; it is not influenced by your character's level. The random loot is generated from a special leveled list. An item has equal chances of being any one of the following seven types of items: an enchanted bow; enchanted armor; an enchanted blade weapon; an enchanted blunt weapon; enchanted arrows; enchanted jewelry or potions. Within each category, the specific item is randomly determined using the same leveled lists used to place loot in dungeons or equip NPCs. See Generic Magic Weapons and Generic Magic Apparel for more details on what types of items are included.

Thanks for your reply!

It's a good guess the Quest Award Leveler, though I believe it only works on items on your inventory and received items, not containers.

About the options, I knew about it and choose the one which would give me more items. But look at the great guildmaster I've become, got a lot of them :P

Just a short update: the gold keep flowing! When I created the topic, it was around 680k. I went back to check the items and I've got 720k now.

I'll take a look at the Quest Award Leveler anyway, but I believe it's something else.