Server move in progress (report bugs here)

Dark0ne

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Buddah: Right now, if I download More Perks for Operation Anchorage, i will be able to download ver.1.1.9 (the one that i uploaded today.)

but If I go to -> manage your files, -> Files, -> Edit Files (on More Perks for Operation Anchorage) and under the file name, I change the name to "More Perks for Operation Anchorage DLC.) suddenly the file that I download is the 1.1.8 version.

so, for some reason, I pressed Delete File, somewhere in the server, the file must be remaining. Im not techinically good, but I believe that the Delete File button is not completetly deleteting the file.

Yep the fly in the ointment, no file is ever truly deleted from the servers, it is deleted from the database and the link removed. But the file remains and it is forever associated with the file page, if you reuse thee same file name on the page it will find one, usually the oldest and will ignore the others and redirect the link.

It is best to put the version number at the end of your file name and you will never have this issue. Reusing and exact name over and over will eventually cause the issues that you are having.

It also keeps my archives from overwriting files, I like to keep a record of a mod's evolution on the site...I used to diligently change the name to include the version. But with the volume of uploads I don't have the time, it may sound a little compulsive.....but it has saved more than one mod from being scrapped when the new version was no longer functional and the author didn't have a backup copy.

Ask Chaosblitzkreig about it sometime. Read the credits on this mod page:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15013

@ Buddah: thanks for clear information. I didnt know it gets saved. and yeah, I should start adding the version number at the end of the name to avoid such an incident.

That was very quick I didn't even noticed it was down. Just tried tonight and wow its online and with remakeble speed increse.

Just FYI the site is a little unstable at the moment. Perodically with an interval of about 4-5 minitrs the site seems too go offline. But after about 1 min. it's back.

Not sure if this problem has been reported yet, but there seems to be a problem with the pages loading completely.

For example, as I am reading through the comments, I am only seeing between 6 and 9 comments per page when at the top it says that it is showing 10 (hence the reason I dont know if it has been reported). Also, this is happening when I click on the list of pictures in a mod, and also when there are many files listed in a mod (seems like when there are more than 6 files listed). Finally, the search screen doesn't have a submit button.

Just a few things I have noticed. Otherwise the site works great.

Not sure if this problem has been reported yet, but there seems to be a problem with the pages loading completely.

For example, as I am reading through the comments, I am only seeing between 6 and 9 comments per page when at the top it says that it is showing 10 (hence the reason I dont know if it has been reported). Also, this is happening when I click on the list of pictures in a mod, and also when there are many files listed in a mod (seems like when there are more than 6 files listed). Finally, the search screen doesn't have a submit button.

Just a few things I have noticed. Otherwise the site works great.

What browser are you using?

Can you post specifics of the issues, which files and what you aren't seeing. Otherwise there is no place to start or knowing which site you are having an issue with or is it both sites.

Just checked both sites, the go button from normal search is there and the submit button is on both sites advanced search pages.

Buddah

An issue reported on the ESF, is the file descriptions on tesnexus cannot be changed. Trollf and Corepc, and Lady Nerevar all reporting the same issues. It says it went through, but the page does not update.

It will only allow you to update one character at a time.

Buddah

Edited by buddah