nexus mod manager wont let me put mods on oblivion

thebatmanz69

I got the NMM so that I could get mods for oblivion but it tells me "Unable to write permissions for C:\proffram files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion" and in details it says "This error happens when you are running Windows Vita or later. and have installed Oblivion in the Program Files folder. you need to do one of the following:" and it gives me no tasks to correct it. so am I screwed or did some one else have this problem and figure it out? any help would be appreciated and I would like to thank anyone willing to at least try to help me in advance.

If your operating system is Vista, Win 7 or Win8 and you want to mod the game then C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files is a poor choice of location for installing Oblivion. Microsoft's security feature UAC will interfere once you start adding mods. You can use the wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure to properly get the game installed outside of Program Files (the recommended spot is C:\Games). If you use the Steam version of Oblivion don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install location. Also don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important.

Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) is a poor choice for installing Oblivion mods. Most mods for Oblivion were last updated long before NMM was even conceived, and many are designed to be installed with Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). A few recent mods are designed for NMM install, but even most of those will install with OBMM or manual install. With enough knowledge about installing Oblivion mods pretty well any mod can be reconfigured to install with NMM, but to get to that point you will need to install a lot of mods manually, and really learn how mod installing works.