[WIPz] Vvardenfell Glass

LHammonds

oh my. hahahahaha.

I had a great laugh just now. Most of my armor models have been "export-ready" for quite some time so I'm fairly rusty in that area. I just finished up a new armor set to be included in this mod (no, I won't show any screenshots...it's gonna be a surprise) and when it came time to export, the models caused Oblivion to explode when trying to equip them. :wallbash: I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I had done wrong and it wasn't until I went back to my own tutorial that I figured out what needed to be done. Proof as to why I write tutorials...because I may need them myself one day. LOL. :teehee:

That reminds me, I need to convert that one to Wiki format. ;) EDIT: Article converted.

LHammonds

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANOTHER SET?! *Le gasp* You spoil us. :o

lol, *Le gasp* That reminds me of Tink from Disgaea 2. The frog guy at least (I can't exactly remember the name... lol)

I can't wait to see what the new armor set looks like LHammonds :thumbsup: Also I read the post you made saying how you now know not to show models before they have a proper texture. Just because I said it looked weird doesn't mean you don't have to show the models without textures :P lol

No, the model and texture is 100% done. I actually have the 9 different color sets completed. Just making the ground models and menu icons at this point. I'm just saving this one as a nice "extra" bonus. It is nothing fantastic or hasn't been done before though...but goes quite well with this mod. ;)

EDIT: 1/11/2011

I've included a bonus armor set in various colors. Each armor set consists of 4 models (2 body, 2 ground) and in 9 colors, that is 36 models. But lucky for you guys, they share an existing texture map and therefore do not significantly increase the size of the mod! Each set of NIFs are 1.8 MB which means total size will be 64 MB increase. The menu icons are done and all entries added to the plugin but this will only be light armor, single gender and no enchants. Now I just need to figure out the best way to implement the armor.

With the inclusion of these new assets, that brings my internal version number to 0.4.

The complete mod as a compressed 7z archive weighs in at 22.4 MB and extracted, it is 151 MB. That is right at 1/2 the size of my original estimation and that is with an additional creature and armor set!

• 2 weeks later...

No, the model and texture is 100% done. I actually have the 9 different color sets completed. Just making the ground models and menu icons at this point. I'm just saving this one as a nice "extra" bonus. It is nothing fantastic or hasn't been done before though...but goes quite well with this mod. ;)

Anxiously awaiting this mod Conan.

Any ideas on a release, or still TBA? :tongue:

The only date I can give is 2011 at this time. Due to contract deadlines and other miscellaneous hobby-time stealers, I haven't been able to work on this mod in over 2 weeks. Even if I have to pull planned features, this mod will be released before Skyrim hits the stores. I hopefully will be able to crank out the Spartan 300 mod as well but 1st things 1st.

LHammonds

EDIT: 2/19/2011

Toying around with an additional creature which may or may not make it into the final cut. At this point, I am just focusing on things that to make the playing of the mod more fun / interesting.

EDIT: 3/14/2011

Making the "fun" part of the mod now. I had the initial setup done but now I'm going through like a fresh perspective and writing down what seemed odd, what I thought I should expect, what I'd like to have seen, etc. Basically trying to make it a fun mod to play. Now that I have all these resources available, it is easy to pick-n-choose combinations, layouts and so on.

EDIT: 4/4/2011

Since most of what I'm doing now is plugin work (and some slight weapon model/texture changes), there really isn't anything that I will be posting since I'd rather have the actual gameplay be a surprise instead of telling everyone all the things I'm doing in it. So please continue to be patient. The next update will probably be a final movie trailer just before release of the mod.

The only date I can give is 2011 at this time. Due to contract deadlines and other miscellaneous hobby-time stealers, I haven't been able to work on this mod in over 2 weeks. Even if I have to pull planned features, this mod will be released before Skyrim hits the stores. I hopefully will be able to crank out the Spartan 300 mod as well but 1st things 1st.

LHammonds

Very cool. I'm sure the quality of the mod will be the same great quality that was in Lost Paladins, and from the screenies, it looks it. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...