CK: skyrim.esm loading modded scripts?

Hoamaii

Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I assumed that when you only loaded the Skyrim.esm in the CK, only Vanilla scripts would be accessible - I just realized today that some modded scripts were replacing the Vanilla scripts when I opened the CK. In this case, it loads the "mannequinActivatorScript" from "Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix" or the "PlayerBookshelfContaineScript" from "Unlimited Bookshelves" instead of the Vanilla scripts of the same names. If I uninstall the mods, then and only then will it load Vanilla scripts.

The Creation Kit sure gives me a hell of a time viewing my custom nifs, why would it load so willingly custom scripts from mods I did not load as active files in the first place?

I thought the CK directly fetched scripts in the Skyrim-Misc.bsa - not in your game loose files... It sort of puzzles me.

If anybody has an explanation, I am VERY interested - and again VERY dumbfounded too...

Thanks! :)

Many thanks for replying sa547 and Acidzebra :smile:

Yes, I knew the game always gives priority to loose files and plugins of course, but I had no idea the Creation Kit did that too - mine certainly doesn't load automatically custom meshes, I have to fetch them to load them in the CK.

I did read the 2 links you gave me, Acidzebra, thank you. But it mentions games, not the CK. Pardon me for asking confirmation fo this (English not my native language): this load order ALSO applies to the Creation Kit then?

It says "a game will only load the plugins that are ACTIVE" - makes sense, so how come the CK load mod scripts which are NOT active?

• 3 weeks later...

It will detect loose scripts just like you'll be able to point at loose meshes and textures for items. They aren't used in your mod, but it detects them as available resources. The DLCs have their Source scripts in separate folders initially, which the CK won't detect unless you move them into the main Source folder. Same applies to BSAs, the CK can't find them inside of the BSA but it will find them if they are extracted.

Thanks GreenLion, that's what I figured in the end - the mannequin script I was referring to, as I remembered, had never been extracted from its initial BSA file, which is why I couldn't explain the CK ould load it from there. But after checking my loose files I did find it there, probably introduced by another mod without me paying attention... At worst, this finding helped me clean up my loose files :).