How do i make a Non-replacer?

Rixirite

Hey, i have recently and successfully made my custom texture for power armor but i have a problem, i cannot figure out how to make a non-replacer version. I looked at the Geck wiki, and the guides but i can't find anything that tells you the hows and whats.

Any help would be appreciated.

Since you say u made a skin im assuming uve already extracted the power armor mesh from the fo3 bsa and your ready to put it ingame. To do this you will have to locate the power armor in the geck duplicate it and replace its mesh with the mesh u reskinned.

Edit the item you want to not replace.

Change the ID to something different.

It will ask if you want to create a new form. Say yes.

Edit the new item as you please and place it in the game world as you please.

You will have the new item without replacing the vanilla item.

Alright, so i duplicated the Armorpower item and renamed the id to armorpower01. So i extract it with the bsa unpacker. But what confuses me is how do i add the textures to the non-replacer? Is this done with a special tool or is there something i am missing?

Also, when the geck asks me to save what do i save it as? I don't want to mess up my game files.

A step by step from opening geck to playing fallout would be nice. Once i understand how to do that i can begin skinning models.

I basically did this:

I used FOMM to extract the powerarmor.dds files from the Textures BSA, opened it with GIMP and re-textured the power armor. After that i tried going into geck and duplicating the power armor items like you said but when i save it, it saves a duplicate of all the Fallout3.esm data. When i try to overwrite it says you cannot save a master file. So that is one issue i have another is i am confused on how to add textures.

Show me what i did wrong, how i can fix it, and how it is possible to get this working.

Thanks.

ok give me the kudos ;)

1) extract the mesh & armour.

2) make a folder in each "data/mesh/Rixirite?" "data/texture/Rixirite?"

3) put the mesh in your mesh folder & the texture in your texture folder.

4) name the mesh & texture something diffrent like Rixirite's armour "thay can be the same name"

5) make your texture.

6) goto your mesh folder & open the armour mesh with nifscope.

7) click on the armour mesh "make shure its the armour?. then click the + so you see the options. click the othere + under it & youl see the flower things!. click on the topone with the writeing next to it & then go to your folder your texture is in & select it. save.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2640/53884303.png

8) open the geck. & goto items, armour.

9) click on an armour & give it a new id name & a name like you did with your mesh.

10) now goto the "BIPED MODEL" & select the top edit button. goto your mesh in your folder & select it. now click ok & select yes.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2967/47150594.png

11) save.

12) preview it.

13) take a screenie & show us all...

14) enjoy :thumbsup: