ThreeDogs Weird News Flashes

Alehazar

I was in my room at Tenpenny tower and overheard Three Dog on the radio grilling me about how I killed the ghouls who were trying to get into Tenpenny. I decided to pay him a visit and splatter the insides of his head all over his bed while he was sleeping. Fun stuff.

This is one of the main reasons F3 gets put down. F3 is much more a shooter than a role playing game. If it were a true CRPG, every conversation would have 3 or more outcomes tied into several other lines of action. Since something like that is going to take a lot time and money to produce, a shooter is so much easier and cheaper. At least Oblivian is more colorful.

• 2 weeks later...

In one of his bulletins Three Dog is praising the Brotherhood of Steel. In another news flash he berates people who are bigots, because they tend to treat Ghouls like second rate humans. But I learned from Winthrop in Underworld that BoS are bigots too, as they tend to take a few shots at Ghouls whenever they see them. But that doesn't seem to bother Three Dog. No berating comments on how the Brotherhood has bigots amongst its ranks. I guess Three Dog is soiling his pants at the mere thought that the Brotherhood might pull its GNR garrison if he even dares to criticize them. Yay for Three Dog, what a hero! He can preach his selfrighteous dung and accuse me of everything that is wrong with humankind..... that's why I usually splatter his brain all over the walls at GNR when he tries to blackmail me into getting his relay dish. If the end justifies the means, how much better is Three Dog compared to Eden?

Oh and one more thing, I recently restarted a new game. I wasn't even level 7 when Three Dog was giving his "it's been two weeks" little speech.; how the BoS had kicked the Enclave's butt and reclaimed the Purifier. How they had contracted the Rivet City Police Force to help them distribute the new Aqua Pura. WTF? I hadn't even bothered to make inquiries about Dad in Megaton, and here Three Dog is yapping about how fresh clean water is slowly turning the Wasteland back into a world he always envisioned.

Yeah, right.

• 3 years later...

I usually am quite willing to help people and to go to any lengths to do the Right Thing.

But as the game progresses -and I spend perhaps too many hours questing through the Wasteland- I start to get really annoyed by people commenting "Yes, that's locked for a reason. And yes, I can see you eyeing it. Don't think of breaking into that"....and they all need to be put down -I mean, I'm not gonna roll over and die....So, my karma plummets from the Very Good extreme to the Very Evil extreme. Still, I have helped the people in Big Town, I have recovered the Declaration of Independence and dozens of others noble deeds before my change of Karma. I actually started out being hunted by Talon Company; and later the Regulators had a contract out on me.

The moral to the story is, "Stay neutral." Also, when your character starts feeling antagonized by those negative comments, have him or her pop open and drink a bottle of vodka and wash that down qwith a Nuka-cola. And while that's happening I highly recommend you do the same, although you'll have to substitute the Nuka-cola for a Coca-cola ;)

But here's the funny bit: while Threedog condemns my character as "Evil Incarnate", or as that "female dog from Vault 101", he then sings my praises for having done good deeds: "Nice work 101". That just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm sure you realize by now that Three Dog's only a little more sane than Brailee Ewers ...

I guess that's an angle that Bethesda chose to ignore. Starting out Good and then simply being dragged down by the unrelenting stream of human weaknesses that are thrown your way: Raiders, Slavers, and kids with serious attitude problems. With surreal comments as a result.

And this is what makes Fallout 3 the great game we all can't stop playing :P

... such dialogue options are not available -for a lot of different quests and different people- and the only way I can show my disgruntlement is by killing them all...

again, role play the character taking a drink to calm down. A cigarette might help as well... or a joint. ;) FWE adds those just in case you didn't know

I always get a kick out of Three Dog's increasingly nonsensical broadcasts. The Karma system is so readily abused that you can easily make every evil choice in the game and still have him praise you as the savior of the wastes.

As for the behavior of others, well, let's just say there's a reason I always quicksave whenever I go near the Outcasts. Encounters with them tend to get really bloody, really quick.

"Great, here's some of the local wildlife."

"Why don't you go bother the Brotherhood or something?"

"Hey local, shouldn't you be banging rocks together or something?"

I'm seriously glad that FWE tweaked (fixed!) the Karma system so it's more or a bell-curve and less a sharp spike with a very thin gray area.

Why bring the keys to Crowley at all? Or can give them to him, get payed and still grab the goods while he's there?

yup this is always the best choice. But it's really creepy when he shows up later in the oddest places...

Remember, murder is bad. Selling people into horrible slavery is marginally less bad. Choose slavery!0

This guy has the right idea: don't murder -- punish with imprisonment. He's like a cop! :thumbs up:

Though personally I tend to avoid killing people who don't physically attack me first...

Now he's a "good neutral RPG player!" :)

Outcasts also annoy me but their usual punishment is having no weapons or armor (I'm using the HornedReaperMJL's Magic Fingers perk mod)

Cheater!! Just use the console : P ;)

The ironic thing is these guys are technically more true to the West Coast BoS than Lyon's group, though the original BoS weren't a bunch of elitist snobs.

Ain't That The Truth!! I wish more folks would play the Original Fallout so they'd know and not think the East Coast BoS is the norm

Brian Wilkes wouldnt calm down when i told him to, and then he turned his back on me and started to walk away. so of course i shot him in the back. no more Brian Wilkes (i have a mod so you can kill kids)

Evil Cheater!! Why didn't you just use the console instead if you're going to do that?? : P ;)

This is one of the main reasons F3 gets put down. F3 is much more a shooter than a role playing game. If it were a true CRPG, every conversation would have 3 or more outcomes tied into several other lines of action. Since something like that is going to take a lot time and money to produce, a shooter is so much easier and cheaper.

Hopefully the devs took note and got "Lessons Learned" from all our comments and improved this for Fallout 4, because they sure DID NOT for New Vegas! Which was dissapointing btw...

In one of his bulletins Three Dog is praising the Brotherhood of Steel. In another news flash he berates people who are bigots, because they tend to treat Ghouls like second rate humans. But I learned from Winthrop in Underworld that BoS are bigots too, as they tend to take a few shots at Ghouls whenever they see them. But that doesn't seem to bother Three Dog. No berating comments on how the Brotherhood has bigots amongst its ranks..... Yay for Three Dog, what a hero!

Damn.. I never really noticed that until you pointed it out. Good on you, Eagle Ears! ;)

BTW I found this post by searching for stuff on "Outcasts berating even if you are wearing their armor" and the post was so interesting I felt compelled to reply even though it's a bit old!