General Chat

Preacher

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, the rules do apply here. The rules posts I quoted are intended to apply to all rp threads, to keep things civilized and reasonable. As for other people's actions, that is not my problem, I was not a mod then, and in any case it is too late to do anything about it. But... since you feel those rules do not apply to this thread....

In Character:

A strange feeling flows through Ryan Tabanne as he takes aim at the target at far end of the practice range. When he opens his eyes, he finds himself in an unfamiliar place. Though definitely nowhere in his world, the surroundings are obviously some form of bar. His attention is immediately drawn to a dead body on the floor, and two men involved in a bar fight. At the sight of the wings and general non-humanness of the current winner, he thinks to himself "time to do my part for the species..." Seeing that his target's attention is busy elsewhere, he takes the extra second to align his AK-47's sights perfectly on the demon's head. As the front pole brushes across the target's eye, he fires a three shot burst. The result is every bit what he had hoped for as the 7.62mm bullets paint his head across the nearby wall. As the target drops to the floor obviously dead, he empties the rest of the 30 round clip into the body, just to be sure. As the feeling returns, he has just enough time for a look of satisfaction at his work before he finds himself back in his version of "reality".

Meanwhile, down in Hell (or whatever Morrowind's form of it may be) Jouko discovers a new understanding of pain, as he will be doing for the rest of eternity.

Now, any questions as to why those rules are in effect here as well? If you can assume a successful attack, so can I, and the whole thing just falls apart into chaos.

Look, I made that post as an example of why you need to follow at least some basic rules of roleplaying. There is no difference between assuming you cut off someone's hand and assuming that you shoot off their head. So my last post was a logical extension of what you have decided is allowed here. And you're wrong, if "the rules do not apply here", I can do exactly that. I teleported in my character from another rp thread set in a world that does have guns, and killed you.

In Character:

The fireballs disolve along with the rest of Jouko's fantasy as the fire whip of a demon lashes across his back, burning the skin down to the bone. The demon seems to give a look of humor at Jouko's attempt at escaping his fate, then resumes whipping.

That is exactly why the rules have to apply here, or things turn into chaos and a series of "I kill you", "no you don't", "yes I do", and continue until someone gets sick of it and quits the thread. Now do you see why complete anarchy can not exist along with successful roleplaying?

And note: I'm not the only one who thinks this. I was actually alerted to this post by a report from another member. I'm not just following you around looking to cause trouble.

Ok, for the last time. This is exactly why you can't assume an effect on/reaction by another character. Because it works both ways, if you can assume a successful cut off of a hand, I can assume that you are just dreaming when you talk about fireballs. And so can anybody else who feels like it. Without those basic rules, all you get is chaos. Like my next "in character" post. Do you really think this is a good game?

In Character:

God laughs at Jouko's creativity in dreaming, then decides that he's had enough entertainment. He smites Jouko, crushing him into a little ball the size of a speck of dust. He then summons his broom of spamsweeping +10 and sweeps Jouko off the edge of the universe.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I quote from Stampede, another mod:

it cant be denied, he is not obeying rp rules