Legitimate Question

Za1zeR

I've just finished a mod that modify the Bozar weapon from fallout 2, so it could be used as an Anti-material riflel in fallout 3. The only problem is that I took the mash from FWE's version of the Bozar, and they say that you may not copy their stuff in anyway, and use for a public mod. My question is that if the weapon is original from Bethesda Soft's fallout 2. And then got modified by FWE, who got the rights for it? Is it FWE, because the modify it, or is it still Bethesda Soft? With other word can I still use it in a distributed mod, or do i need to keep it personally?

Thanks.

-Za1

This question would be better addressed by a member of the staff through the "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.

My interpretation of the Terms of Service and the restrictions placed on using assets from FWE is that no, you cannot take a mesh from FWE and use it, without permission, in a mod you wish to upload here.

Yeah, but I can't really get in contact with Peekaboom. I get this error message when I try to PM him:

The following errors were found

The member Peekaboom cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

I not know, if that means that his inbox is full, or he just don't want any to contact him, or something...

Edited by Za1zeR

FWE did not get the Bozar assets from a Bethesda made Fallout asset. The mesh and textures came from the mod Classic Fallout Weapons and even then was originally made by FalloutRaven or maybe even someone before, but I believe he/she is given credit on the main CFW page. FWE cannot give you permission because it is not theirs to give since they originally got permission to use it in their mod only. You would have to follow the trail to CFW and perhaps FalloutRaven. It is always a good idea to look through the readme files and credits to see where assets came from to see where you have to go to get permission since many mods use assets from other modders with permission for that mod only.

In the end though. If a mod or asset author/creator says no then no is the answer. Even if you are not able to contact them to ask.