Death to Autosave

BadPenney

This might be common knowledge to many, but it was new to me:

mechine says: Never autosave or quicksave, NEVAH!

it leads to coruption, always hit Esc then create a new save

keep 20 or so saves around, because it can go corupt an then crash

an hour later, without you even knowing.

Which could be the root cause of your problem, a corupted save game.

I had never heard this before but I tried it out and it works. I went into the options menu and turned off Save on Rest, Save on Travel, and Save on Wait. Then I played through the the first 3 main quests of Return to Shady Sands and saw not one lost AI package, no funky weapon carries and no CTDs the whole time.

So if you are having those sort of problems with my mod, or any mod, trying turning off Autosave features and don't use Quicksave. The loss of convenience is more than compensated by better gameplay.

I thought that this little nugget was too choice to let go overlooked.

Hmm, I'm sure this thread was less empty when I last saw it.

Anyway, just to re-post what was going on in the last thread, CASM replaces the autosaving and quicksaving systems with one that uses "hard" saves. It basically allows you to forget about saving, as you can always be confident that there will be multiple recent saves to fall back upon.

Cipscis

Yeah, I'd contacted buddah about it after noticing some posts missing in the Quick Question - Quick Answer thread, and he explained the situation to me. I didn't expect to lose so many posts from this thread though.

Here is his response:

There was a forum data base corruption yesterday morning. Forums had to be reset with the latest backup....about a days worth of post are gone into oblivion.

Cipscis