Things that dont make sence FO3 version

iavor55

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...i thought super mutants originated from the FEV virus and ghouls came from extreme levels of radiation? This was why i asked...i remember the part about Carol, but she also says she was there the day the bombs fell so what did she have to do with FEV?

I guess it comes down to the rotting issue and maybe the high levels of radiation makes them sterile.

In all the nuking and craziness of the atomic war, a crack was created in one of the FEV tanks at Mariposa, this strain, once exposed to radiation caused random mutation in the virus, leading to unexpected mutations in irradiated creatures (including humans), Ghouls were originally from LVault 15, whose door was designed not to close properly, leading to a small amount of radiation and this FEV strain to get in, causing a mutation where the cardiovascular system was no longer able to supply the skin with enough nutrients but could las far longer. Basically, their skin dies but they get to live longer. There's other stuff too but that's the general drift of it IIRC.

The supermutants we all know and love come from immersion in FEV vats (or being sealed in a chamber with radiation and a ton of airborne FEV for the vault 87 strain). In FO1/2 how low your radiation exposure is defines what you come out as, those with the lower counts come out better, cleverer, faster, stronger. High rads make Brutish soldiers...

Why did I see Elder Lyons in the point lookout hallucination although I haven't gotten far enough to meet him in the main quest?

It's a glitch, it's happened to me before. I'm just walking through the pool of dead bodies, leave, and then later I'm like, "Hey I've seen your dead body in a pool when I lost my mind and got my head split open by Tobar; strange to see you for the first time while your not dead!"

In Mothership Zeta, why does killing those annoying Red Shirts alien workers cause loss of Karma, (afterall they could very well be running off screaming where I am to the other guards, or meet up somewhere after I've left them behind and suddenly gang up on me when I think they're harmless because the little kid said so) while killing every human you find results in nothing at all? The other guys don't even react on it, I mean come on!

To become a ghoul requires specific conditions, namely an assload of radiation -it varies as to whether you need a ton in a short time or less over a longer time - (and possibly according to FO1 lore a dose of Mariposa strain FEV along with the low-level rads). Bear in mind not every human iinstantly died or became a ghoul. Mosty died, but some most definitely survived and so reproduced.

Umm if I remember correctly there was never a specific cause given, just the vague, verious chemical and biological agents and a load of rads

Nukes where not the only weapons used, it wasn't just radiation, the chemical and biological agents mutated and changed by radiation somehow gave some people radiation immunity, the reason there are intelligent ghouls and non-intelligent is because there's no one set of chemicals/agents that caused ghoulification so different people where ghoulified in different ways.

Some of the supermutant stuff really doesn't work without the master and his indoctrination.

In fallout1 the supermutants where only ever a credible threat becuase of the mad intelligence of the master controlling them.

Although they could well just be following on the example set down for them by the original scientific testing.

Umm if I remember correctly there was never a specific cause given, just the vague, verious chemical and biological agents and a load of rads

Yeah, but the 'old' lore of the weird mutation blames it on some leaked early-strain FEV from mariposa, hell that's how harold got his tree, investigating why there were so many mutated critters there...

Vault 15's door was designed to not close properly, so radiation and some mariposa FEV (and all the other nasty junk) got in, causing ghoulification and what we now know as necropolis.

Well, Tim Cain said it was just radiation, which works with 1950's beliefs about radiation, but Chris Taylor said it was radiation and the FEV, always the problem with "Cannon" / "Lore" much of it gets written post event, people who start something going often leave to do other things before the sequels get made and new people come in with new ideas.

(for thoes who don't know thoes two are, they where the main driving force behind the design of the original fallout and the fallout world)

In Mothership Zeta, why does killing those annoying Red Shirts alien workers cause loss of Karma, (afterall they could very well be running off screaming where I am to the other guards, or meet up somewhere after I've left them behind and suddenly gang up on me when I think they're harmless because the little kid said so) while killing every human you find results in nothing at all? The other guys don't even react on it, I mean come on!

The way my Blazie figures it, it's the Red Shirts who were the real evil in Zeta. At a certain point she started blasting them indiscriminately. I didn't even notice the karma loss.

Oh, and they DO go alert the guards.

• 1 year later...

All these questons.... Aaagggg they make my brain hurt....... Is this a game or what?

Here is one for you....

How is it that the aminals and the human populance can procreate when, after exposure

to that much radiation when the bombs fell in the begining and for 200 hundren

years afterward? Well the mutations and the cancer after all those years would not allow

them to procreate.. No procreation..... NO Humans.......

Ahh Aaaagggggggg My head hurts....... Knock Knock.... Who´s there? Human...... Human who?

Come here stupid human!!!! Baby wants to play.........

Like I really care that most of the computers have been powered for 200 years.....

or some of the other things don't add up... I like this game and I have played

many but this one I find is the best..