I Was So Embarrassed.

David Brasher

The other day, I was playing the main quest. Martin wanted me to get a daedric artifact. I got Azura's star, but it was so useful I didn't want to give it up. I decided to try Sanguine's quest. He is a bit of a party animal, and I didn't think he would have me kill anyone or hurt anyone badly. He sent me to go liven up Countess Alessia Caro's boring dinner party. Let's just say that I caused a severe disruption that embarrassed her greatly. I fled for my life with her guards trying to kill me. I struggled to get back to Sanguine's shrine. After a party like that, I was not in a good state to be traveling. I got my reward and headed back toward Cloud Ruler Temple.

Right outside Chorrol who do I see on the road? Countess Alessia Caro! Dressed a bit differently than when I last saw her I might add. She was going to visit her mother in Chorrol I believe. I still hadn't paid off my bounty yet. Fortunately her guards were not there. The bandits probably got them. I was quite nervous and embarassed. I didn't know if she would believe my story that I disrupted her party for the good of the empire and because the new emperor wanted me to. She liked me 0%. I seldom have non-hostile NPC's hate me that much. But when I play Oblivion, I am full of charm. By chatting with her, I was able to raise how much she liked me up to 56%. I felt a bit better about things after that, but don't imagine I will show my face at the Leyawiin court for a long time if I can avoid it.

If you haven't played Sanguine's quest, you should try it. The reward is cool. The things you do are rather unique. You don't have to do anything really evil. It is more like a great practical joke.

Eh..... I wasn't too concerned about the Countess really. While it seems that I play nicer than most people, I don't play quite as nice as you do. Besides, I know what's in her basement.

No-- once all the hubbub surrounding the dinner party died down, the next time I saw the Countess I very deliberately walked up as close as I could to her and talked to her, just for the reaction. And I wasn't disappointed-- in what might well have been a bit of inspired scripting, or might have just been a coincidence, mad as she was she wouldn't look me in the eye.

I was just relieved that the dinner party escapade didn't affect my relationship with either her mother or her husband, both of whom (and particularly the Count) I like. I just feel sort of sorry for the earnest little drip and would've hated to have seen him upset, though I suspected that he wouldn't be. And as it turned out, as with virtually everything regarding his wife, the Count seemed to just not have a clue. He still thinks I'm a helluva guy and just wants to know if I've had any more luck hunting down the Black Bow Bandits.

I have this habit of wanting to kill that particular countess, every game, because of the racism she has for Argonians.

i have this habit of wanting to kill anyone who looks at me

Ha, I laughed.

Anyway, I felt no regret ruining her crappy little party, since her guards had killed my companion Ren. All I was trying to do was steal som silver, the guard notices me, I had no gold but didnt like jail, he killed her. I was like :O, So i was happy to do it, after all she was a stupid litte *ban me :P*

Ahhhh how I love the Time Warp! I'm glad you changed back to Rocky Horror Calliton. You so crack me up, you're just a bona fide killing machine, lol

@OP, I can't believe you felt bad facing that uppity chick! I was happy to mess up her little party. Most fun? Besides watching them running like crazy (didn't realize I was naked too, lol) was reading about it in the Black Horse Courier, lol

I've felt bad over certain kills or antics, but never embarrassed. We do what we gotta do, lol

• 7 months later...
Haha I still remember this quest. :biggrin: once when I cast that spell on party guests and cast invisibility spell on myself and while those people were running around only in their underwears the guard who let me in was just standing in the dining room and watched everyone. After some Argonian ran past him he just turned around and walked away like nothing happened. :teehee: