Invalid data file

perfectlydunce

:wallbash: I've been at this for hours. I modded Morrowind all the time. For some reason, Oblivion wants to drive me insane.

Right, here's the deal; I downloaded ren's full beauty pack and hair mod. I got the hair mod working quite well. The race mod, is coming up as an "invalid file" on the data screen. What could be causing this? I'm trying to use OBMM to load the files, and I honestly have just begun trying to figure the thing out.

I try reading the readme.txt but all I get is a screen full of "?(%(!)!))&^##>>><____---___))((+++))" and so on. Utter, illegible...moonspeak, I guess. It's infuriating. I got HGECBody_v1dot21 and the Ren beauty pack hair to work...but not the race mod.

What am I doing wrong? What is the RIGHT way to do this? I obviously did something right...but I did the same thing for something else and it was wrong...

I'm really about to lose it, here...

Maybe you got a corrupt download. Try downloading the mod again.

Also, not sure if I am making the right assumptions, but it sounds like you might be trying to use the hair only esp with the full esp?

I believe that you are supposed to use only one of the esp files from the Ren DL. I got the Ren full esp working just fine, on its own.

I never used the hair only esp, nor did I need to; you get the hair for all races when you use the full esp. Try it w/o the hair only?

I have never touched HGEC, so I cant say much about it, except that I have read that there is a particular way to install them both.

Best wishes

I've tried downloading it again. I tried uninstalling the game, all the files, and trying again...

It's not working no matter what I try. Also, my OBMM doesn't seem to want to recognize any of the archives I try to load up. It recognized ONE, but then it stopped working, and I had to delete EVERYTHING and uninstall EVERYTHING to stop the problem.

I'm not a stupid person, I can figure most things out rather easily. But for some reason, something as simple as copy-pasting the texture, mesh, and .esp files into the data folder turns into a flipping disaster.

It's like trying to pour a bowl of cereal and having it catch fire. :verymad:

Missing body parts is caused by an improperly installed mesh or texture.

How about a short refresher in installing mods? This is actually intended for neophytes, but maybe just reading it will help some.

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you. Please be honest and don't worry about hurting my feelings with criticism as I have a thick skin.