Anchorage loot unbalance the game?

mecha51

So after some difficulty I got F3 going with no mods and all 5 DLC. I went into Anchorage at level 3 and after quickly and easily jumping 2 levels I installed slower levelling mod. I have been playing on Very Hard since the start, but I cruised through Anchorage with relative ease. So now I am back at my home with crazy winter armor, stealth armor, shock sword, and gauss rifle. I was surprised such a low level could do Anchorage so easily, ans was even more surprised I got such high value loot.

So I went into Worthington Station with winter armor & gauss rifle. I went through whole thing and killed all without losing a single hitpoint. At level 5. On very hard. Not a single hipoint lost.

Why would Bethesda allow you to get such game unbalancers so early. I feel like all challenge is gone already, and I just started. :(

Well for a few pointers, the Npcs in Fallout 3 and kind of like oblivion where they stay around your level i think, or at least the more "Advanced" Npcs you fight do. There is still plenty of challenge ahead of you, those items are one of a kind rarities and cannot be repaired by you so conserve thier usage to what is vital tactically. The Gauss rifle does open a can of whoopass i consider it a ingame treature indeed. Another thing is too is to just not use up what you got from the armoury, i did however use that chinese stealth suit and the Jeng'Wei's sword to make my character some kind of stealthy killer. I found anchorage easy to a degree, but i remember i did almost die 7 times in the end part of anchorage sim. Remember, the condition of those items won't last long.. For things like the Sword that can be repaired with chinese officer swords but almost everything else cannot be repaired unless you pay a NPC a rediculous amount of caps.

I found anchorage to still be very enjoyable and indeed more.. "Cinematical" in the aspect of the story and everything that follows is pretty intense. Also, in future DLC

s you go into things get challenging, i found the pitt to be rather hard, some find it easy. The game gets harder if you play different ways in my opinion. Anchorage is kind of linear so it's very easy to pump through it knowing where everyone spawns in the sim but in the actual capital wasteland there are many suprises and things that will open up the use for those powerful gear you consider overpowered. Also, Mart's Monster mod does make things harder for you but i wouldn't use the mod until you play through the whole game and the DLC's.

This discussion has taken place many times. The game is exactly as hard or as easy as you make it. You simply need to be aware that if you take advantage of everything the game has to offer, you will be making it easy. If you limit yourself and/or use mods, you can make the game much harder.

This discussion has taken place many times. The game is exactly as hard or as easy as you make it. You simply need to be aware that if you take advantage of everything the game has to offer, you will be making it easy. If you limit yourself and/or use mods, you can make the game much harder.

Forgive me for being late to the party, but your argument is preposterous. Let me repeat: I am level 5 (3 at the start of the DLC) playing on Very Hard with the only mod being the slower leveling mod, set to extremely slow leveling. And I cruised through the DLC and now have arguably the best armor and weapon in the game.

Please enlighten me--how could I have made the official game harder????

I played Morrowind and Oblivion (5 times) and they would have never handed the best loot in the game to a low level character so easily. And that's my point in a nutshell. Even though I found the vanilla versions of those games easy as well, they never did anything as ridiculous as hand winter armor and gauss rifle to a character just starting out.

You sir, are incorrect.

Oblivion has unbalanced loot if you loot in the right places. The loot in that armoury is static meaning it doesn't change due to level. There are same points in oblivion where you will find static loot, like that glass armor helmet that grants water-breathing, etc.

Forgive me for being late to the party, but your argument is preposterous. Let me repeat: I am level 5 (3 at the start of the DLC) playing on Very Hard with the only mod being the slower leveling mod, set to extremely slow leveling. And I cruised through the DLC and now have arguably the best armor and weapon in the game.

Please enlighten me--how could I have made the official game harder????

I wasn't stating an opinion. Those were facts. If you don't like it, play something else. Keep complaining, and all it will do is encourage the mods to ban you.

Getting good loot, such as Armor and Weapons at a low level in Morrowind early in the game is easy.

Getting good loot in FO3 is also easy.

I made some bigger changes to my FO3, such as lowering the amount of any good loot that is

found (i.e Power armors isn't loot able from Outcasts, BoS nor from the Enclaves,), did buff up the enemies quite a lot.

Morrowind feels as child play compared to my FO3 now.

So, yea, getting all the good vanilla stuff straight from the start will ofc make the rest of the game very easy, so if you want it harder, don't get the good stuff straight away, or get

some mods making things harder. Maybe just sticking to an Chinese pistol and Wasteland Wanderer armor (or something) through the whole game on VH could also be an idea.

The Gauss rifle is quite powerful but it is very slow to reload so it's possible to get overwhelmed against parties of mutants. raiders etc. It's also pretty ineffective against Ghoul Reavers (they seem pretty resistant to Energy Weapons)

I found the Stealth Armor to be much, much more unbalancing, although once spotted you're at a disadvantage.

If I may interject? I'm a level 20+ running with MMM-RC4 going full out. I found the game to be too easy after awhile so I made the choice not to use the bigger, more powerful weapons. I gave up the power armor for a Duster, Headband and Sunglasses. I gave up all of my new found high end weapons and went back to basics. The game became harder again and more fun to go back into.

As stated. The game will be as easy or as hard as we choose to make it. And Beth didn't make it easy to give a rookie high end stuff right away. The game was out awhile, then the DLCs and mods came along. Those of us who started later found more stuff earlier in the game.

My loot from Anchorage is back at Tenpenny leaning against the wall with the other weapons I no longer carry. I run with the Blackhawk, Combat Shotgun and Assault rifle. With MMM running I do miss the Vengence when I go back into the subways though. Man, what a hard assult those are now.