"Invisible" Order Armors won't come out of my inventory

mathguareschi

Hey everyone.

I'm playing the main quest of Shivering Isles right now where you eventually meet up with those Knights of Orders.

I was fighting them in a quest when I killed one and it's armor fell off (due to UVIII, I suppose). Happy about it, I picked it up thinking of it as a great decoration item for one of my houses. However, it was nowhere in my inventory.

It happened again later on, I've picked it up and the same results. The thing is those two armors adds 54 pounds (?) to my encumbrance and I can't take them off.

I've tried the console command to "removeitem" the test armor (as stated in a UESP page) and no results. The command removeallitems just let me holding the essential stuff and I still have those damn 54 whatevers to my encumbrance.

I've took a picture (I know it's ridiculous, but couldn't make the screenshot work via ini file + removing anti-aliasing, so it will have to do):

http://i.imgur.com/AscSx6F.jpg

What can I do?

Fire up the Construction Set and find the baseID for what you picked up (I don't have SI installed or I'd look it up for you). The baseID (aka FormID) is hiding in a collapsed column just to the right of the first column in the Object window (click hold and drag it to open it). Then using the console with your game running use the command "removeitem xxxxxxx 1" (replace the xxxxxxx with the baseID and if you have more than one of an item you could change the one to however many you have ... also don't put in the quote marks).

I'm not certain how SI gets handled by the game. With other mods the first two digits of the baseID are determined by the load order of the mod's ESP. Shivering Isles has an ESP but it's just a blank placeholder and the SI installed game actually uses a different Oblivion.esm that includes the SI stuff. In a normal non-SI game the baseID for vanilla items will always start with "00" (that's zero zero e.g. an iron dagger is "00019171"). I'm guessing that SI items will also start with zero zero, but I have no way of verifying that for you. If you can find another SI specific item laying around you could open the console and click on the item. The refID will be displayed at the top of the screen. Take note of the first two digits (baseIDs and refIDs share the same first two digits).

Fire up the Construction Set and find the baseID for what you picked up (I don't have SI installed or I'd look it up for you). The baseID (aka FormID) is hiding in a collapsed column just to the right of the first column in the Object window (click hold and drag it to open it). Then using the console with your game running use the command "removeitem xxxxxxx 1" (replace the xxxxxxx with the baseID and if you have more than one of an item you could change the one to however many you have ... also don't put in the quote marks).

I'm not certain how SI gets handled by the game. With other mods the first two digits of the baseID are determined by the load order of the mod's ESP. Shivering Isles has an ESP but it's just a blank placeholder and the SI installed game actually uses a different Oblivion.esm that includes the SI stuff. In a normal non-SI game the baseID for vanilla items will always start with "00" (that's zero zero e.g. an iron dagger is "00019171"). I'm guessing that SI items will also start with zero zero, but I have no way of verifying that for you. If you can find another SI specific item laying around you could open the console and click on the item. The refID will be displayed at the top of the screen. Take note of the first two digits (baseIDs and refIDs share the same first two digits).

Thanks for your reply, Striker.

I can handle myself on console commands find those numbers on the load order on OBMM as well. The problem is that the armors don't seem to be an "existing" item, as it's nowhere to be found on UESP wikia (just a test armor I've pasted above). I have some specific SI items that I could drop to take a look, too, if needed.

Also, i've never opened the Construction Set. I'll give it a try tomorrow, but I'm already thinking that I won't find this item. When it was dropped by the knights, it looked like a far-fetched bottle of poison.

Again, thanks for your insight. I'd really apreciate some more inputs about this, though.

When you start the CS you'll click File > Data and then in the dialogue that opens select Oblivion.esm and the Shivering Isles ESP (not sure what it's exact name will be ... because of how the SI expansion works, replacing Oblivion.esm you may or may not need the SI ESP ticked). When it prompts you about no active ESP click Yes to continue (won't be doing any saving anyway, and you won't get that prompt if you only have Oblivion.esm ticked). It will take some time to load everything from the BSA files.

In the Object window on the left side you'll see a bunch of collapsed categories. Click the plus sign to open the Armor category and see all the sub-categories. If you can find the correct sub-category you can click on it to see the armor listed in the right hand pane, or you can click on the entire Armor category to see all of it listed. The collapsed column you're looking for is just to the right of the Editor ID column (between it and the Count column ... you'll see two lines close together). When you drag the right hand line to the right it will reveal the column name Form ID. If the FormID starts with 01 then you'll need to substitute the correct load order number for the 01 part (and if it's zero zero then the item is from Oblivion.esm).

If the armor didn't have a ground NIF specified it will display the error mesh (yellow exclamation point), but possibly UVIII has added a generic ground mesh for items to default to when dropped.

- Edit - When you're finished just hit File > Exit and nothing you may have accidentally changed will be saved (plus with no active ESP you'd get a prompt about saving changes).

Edited by Striker879

Thank you very much, Striker! REALLY helpful guide.

Gladly, I was able to remove them from my inventory. Here is the armors' codes, in case anyone else stumble upon this same problem (no monitor photographs this time :P):

http://i.imgur.com/9Z7r9TH.png

My version is the higlighted one.

I just wonder why you can't equip it or at least see it in your inventory in order to drop it.

My guess would be that it doesn't have the "Playable" flag set. However UVIII makes it so that the Order Knights drop it doesn't set it to playable (and that's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it).