Why Fallout 3 Is Better On The PC

MattJo

Even taking things like graphics, customizations, controls and transparency aside, which all speak for the pc, there is one giant fat reason: MODS

All we're getting because of consoles is delayed pc releases, big ugly menus, blury textures and less and less games in general. I honestly hate consoles!

I have not tried it on the Xbox 360 but i love it on the pc. I got a Core I7 system with a GTX 260 Core 216 and 6-GB Tri-channel RAM so it screams on fallout 3 maxed. I am sure the xbox 360 version is just as awesome but it's not moddable so for me it kind of slows things down, you know? However sometimes i do a fresh install of fallout 3 and not mod it until a long time, i am still finding new things in fallout 3 i never imagined.

I have it 360 + PC, but the thing is on 360 I got too scared, and on PC the screen is small enough, I skip the scary parts, and mods make the scary parts fun. Also, can someone give me a link to the PDA Pipboy mod? I need it for The Exile.

It's here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8411

PC is great for stuff like FPS and games like fallout 3 or RPGs/RTS games. But platformers are best left for the consoles. The keyboard allows swift movement as its aligned so that you can quickyly acess a button within a second yet a console controller is bulky,awkward and you can press the wrong button more often.

Also the mouse is quick and precisive and you can turn much faster than the controller counter parts. The 360 can change speeds but you can accidentally make your crosshair go haywire.

• 3 weeks later...

I play games on pc exclusively, since the pc can do so much more aside from games, and I can't justify the expense of both.

That said, I've been using an xbox 360 controller to play F3 lately. Why? Main reason was rumbleforce, but also it's isometrically less fatiguing for old farts like me.

Yeah, dual analog makes aiming more difficult for sure, so I may go back and try it with keys and mouse. Really, the only reason I bought the controller was that keys and mouse pretty much SUCK for any driving games I like, but since those come out for pc about once every 2 years I use the controller for other games that support them to justify the expense a little more.

Also, I guess it's a little more of a challenge this way, as well as a different way of playing such a game, at least for me.