ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't Create Charm Spells

KarnCarby

Hi, for some reason, I cant create charm spell using the spell alter. I have two charm spells in my inventory which I can already cast, so Charm should appear when I access the alter right? I recently bought a cure disease spell, and that appeared on the alter screen when it wasn't there before, so why not charm?

The only mod I have which alters Magic is LAME (Less Annoying Magica Experience). Can anyone help?

Doesn't anyone know a way to work around this? I tried using the Construction Set, but I've never used it before and I can't get it to work. I can create the spell, but when I use ~ player.addspell XXXXXXXX it just tells me that it doesn't recognize the ID. I couldn't work out how to add it to a shop in game either.

To add it to a shop go to in the trees on the left.

Actors - NPC - Breton - Male - Edgar whatzisname.

Then double click on him. (any actor you can find that's a spell vendor will most likely do)

Look for the tab that has his spell list and click it, you should see all the spells he sells.

Now go to the spells tree and find the new spells you made and drag them to his spell list.

Save and name your mod and tick it in data file and you should be good to go.

No, disabling LAME has no effect, although that doesn't necessarily rule it out as the cause. Even when disabled, a number of things remain changed in the game, so it appears that LAME has made some permanent changes. Why won't the Construction Set recognize the ID of the spell I made?

Not sure there, the console maybe only recognises standard codes when trying to add things.

Try saving after you turn the magicka mod off and then reloading that save, so you don't get the missing content message.

You could backup the savefile somewhere and reinstall without the magicka mod, that might help.