Oblivion Owyn dialogue stuck

tastatura

Hello everyone,

I just realised that this is better suited here than in ''mod troubleshooting'' since I have disabled all mods and the problem remains.

I have a problem with the Arena quest.

After completing the second fight I go talk to Owyn and he gives me a reward of 50 gold. He does that every next time I talk to him, the dialogue is just stuck there and I keep getting the same message and 50 gold all over again.

I have disabled all of my mods leaving just Oblivion.esm in the mod manager, but the problem is still there. Is there any way to fix it?

The problem with the Arena quest is that I cannot further the progress via console, because the next ''stage'' in the quest after becoming a combatant is becoming grand champion. All the in between ranks in Arena are not stages of the quest.

and even if I do the ''setstage ArenaDialogue 50'' and it says I am grand champion, Owyn is still stuck, and it still says Pit Dog on my character sheet. So if anyone knows what to do, please help.

Your post leads me to think you've already been through the Notes and Bugs section of the UESP walkthrough for the Arena questline. The flag that waves hardest for me is that you are still stuck a Pit Dog (confirmed by the 50 gold).

Some mods that alter the vanilla game leveling system also require special procedures before you uninstall them. Were you using one of those (e.g. Oblivion XP Update)?