Akatosh Mount...where is?

Deleted3619564User

This topic should explain it:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/648028-wheres-saidenstorm/

There's a link to Saiden's website included, but sadly it seems the PES link for the download is dead (maybe PES itself is dead?).

I can find several copies of it through google, but I'm not sure about their legality, haven't seen Saiden mention any other download locations as authorized sources so far.

So no links.

I made a new mod where you have a dragon as mount creature for you and for your companion (it's a mod and a modders resource). It provides a special fly system, new animations, AI script etc....but the orginal dragon mesh is from the Akatosh Mount by SaidenStorm (the mesh, textures and main animations). I need to check if i can use the orginal mod resources for public use, and i need to know if i can upload it by (eventually) permissions.

The problem is that it's impossibile contacting SaidenStorm because he isn't on nexus or another sites anymore (last active on nexus january but i am not able to contact him).

I try to send a PM again.

What do you suggest?

Click the Stormfront Studios title of the page linked to in the topic I linked, leading you to the frontpage of his website. There you can see his email. You could try contacting him via this one.

I'm not so sure about the legal note you just found though. It is only for the mod containing replacement assets for Akatosh Mount and still 'requires' the original. This is no 'card blanche' to re-use assets from the required mods at the same time. If you can limit yourself to what is inside this mod, it could work out (no guarantee). But if you need anything from inside the original Akatosh Mount, this one is not a permission granted for that one, and you'd be better off contacting Saiden about it.

It is up to you, but if any of the authors whose assets you used comes at us complaining it wasn't authorized, you risk your account.

The legal notice inside (downloading it from other site) is clear: "You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me, saidenstorm and chunchiu credit if you distribute any part of this mod".

I included in my mod the mesh, textures and main animations (so "a part" of it).

However i will send an email to have a confirm.

I was actually going to re-upload the 1.9 version of Akatosh Mount. I asked on both the official Bethsoft forums and here about why it had been taken down but got no information on it, and some how I missed that 2012 thread about it. The copy I have of Akatosh Mount came from TESNexus when it was up and mentions nothing about the use of it and it's contents.

Glad I haven't found the time to re-upload it!

EDIT: I can't even find his profile on here anymore. I guess he deleted it too?

Edited by lonewolf_kai