Fallen Legends

josh900

• 3 weeks later...

(*Sigh* Well guess i was wrong. No excuses here. Just pure laziness is cause for this not being done sooner.)

PART THREE Brannon K'tar

“Hell………. It’s about time.” I rushed towards the horde with my blades held high. They thought it was battle that I was seeking, the thrill of the fight. The humans thought of me as a bloodthirsty monster, forever seeking battle. They were right about one thing, I yearned for battle. So that I may die, so that the nightmares would end and I would be able to see my wife and daughter again. So that I would be able to hear their laughter once again instead of their screams, I’ll always remember that day, when the humans took us by surprise. When I wasn’t able to protect them. When I lost my family and my life.

It was the beginning of autumn and the leaves had just started to change color. We had just finished eating dinner when we heard the screams, we immediately knew what had happened. The Holy Rose army had found our village. It’s been almost two hundred years and I still remember it like yesterday. I had gone out to help defend the town but there were too many, I ran back to my house to get my wife and daughter and flee with them. When I went inside to my horror I saw my wife laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood and a human soldier in between my little girl’s legs. The male without a father killed her before I could do anything. I don’t remember much afterwards but they told me that they had to knock me out in order to get me to stop fighting. I chuckled under my breath as I removed a particularly ugly demon’s head from it’s shoulders. If I seek death so much, why don’t I just stop fighting and let then kill me?

“Brannon that’s enough!” I felt an arm on my shoulder and I woke up. I was surrounded by bodies of both the demons and those defending this place. I was out of breath and my blades were soaked in blood, it was Darrel that had stopped me. From the looks of things he appeared to have slaughtered countless demons in the skirmish. He let out a small chuckle and motioned to the horde of retreating demons with his head. “I think they get the picture.” I wiped some of the blood off my face and charged after them. “Then lets go after them!” Darrel ordered me to stop. I turned to argue with him but stopped as I looked behind him, there was so few of us still standing. We quickly made our way back into the buildings and nursed our wounds.

I sat down on a nearby couch as Alstread and the other priest tried to heal the wounded. There was something horribly wrong with the way the demons acted, they outnumbered us fifty to one and yet they were the ones retreating. Of course we didn’t have that luxury as the town of Alsgrad was built with it’s back to a mountain. If we tried to flee they would catch up with us in no time, that and the damn bishops wouldn’t allow their men to leave. Claiming that it was God’s will for them to stay and fight. Any God that demands his people to stay and fight an enemy that they have no hope of defeating isn’t worthy of being a God.

It wasn’t long till Darrel came and sat next to me. “So have you figured it out yet?” He asked me. I slowly nodded, I wished it were not true but I couldn’t deny it any longer. “Their toying with us.” I could feel the moral leaving Darrel. “Yes” He said. “They could have already destroyed us and have moved on to another town by now if they wanted to. For every man we slay another comes to take his place. Instead of attacking us in mass they send out just enough for us to struggle against.“ I let out a sigh. “Indeed and that raises another question. When will they stop sending these weakling’s and start sending their real soldiers? Cause these men their sending are poorly trained at best. The only thing they have going for them is their numbers.” Darrel stood up. “To be honest with you I don’t want to find out, we have to get out of this town. No offence but I’d rather not die for this town of yours.” I couldn’t help but laugh. “None taken and besides I’d rather not die for this place either. Which is why I believe now is the time to show you something.”

I led Darrel to house built up against the mountain side. I lifted the carpet in one of the back rooms. Underneath was a trap door. I opened it and peered down into the tunnel below. “An underground tunnel?” Darrel asked. His face immediately lit up. I smiled at him and nodded. “One that leads to the other side of the mountain. It was built back when this town was first formed. If we can convince your men to abandon this place then you could warn your people and they could prepare for an attack. I would do likewise.” Darrel looked at me curiously. “Back when it was first formed? But that would mean that it’s hundreds of years old. There’s no telling what kind of state it’s in.” I patted him on the shoulder. “Relax, it was built by the dwarves. It’s as sturdy as the day it was built.” For a second sorrow filled his eyes. “Ah yes... It’s a shame what my people did to them. Such a waste.” I started to head out the door. “Well you can lament their race when the demonic army’s more than a stone’s throw away from us. Now lets go see if we can get your men to come with us.”

Before we made it out the house I thought I heard a noise in the kitchen. Before I could go investigate however Darrel asked me to come look at something. “It’s The Book of The Rose.” He held it in his hand. “ Only our Bishops are allowed to carry them.” I shrugged, after all, the book meant nothing to my people. “Maybe one of the bishops was in here earlier and left it.” I took it from his hands and threw it onto the table. “We’ve got more important things to worry about right now. Come on.” I looked back into the house before I closed the door. I listened for a few moments and sighed. "Was probably just a rat.” I shut the door and followed Darrel back to the other buildings.

:biggrin: Thanks. Like i said this is really the first time i've written something like this before so i'm still learning. Though so far no one's said anything bad about it so i must be doing something right lol.

• 1 month later...

(Well keping the tradition of posting a new part every month. Here's part 4. It's a bit less childfriendly than the others. So don't say i didn't warn you and throw a fit over it....oookay i guess not lol. Well if you want the uhh.... uncensored version follow this link FL BOA)

PART FOUR Alstread Leone

“SEVEN!” The crack of a whip echoed through out the town square. It was crowded with onlookers and guards. A heretic was being punished for his sins. Two in fact. A man and his wife. The man was tied up to a pole while his wife was on her knees with her hands tied behind her back. The man wore a rather amused grin on his face even as the whip cracked again. “EIGHT” The Inquisitor yelled out. He was growing tired of these two. They seemed to think of this as a joke. He grabbed a hold of the man and growled. “You enjoy this heathen? This is punishment for your sins worm. Be thankful that I was not allowed to choose your it. Otherwise you’d be begging me to kill you right now.” The man merely chuckled. “Oh let me guess. You were gonna tie us to a chair… And make us listen to poorly written poetry? Cause it sure as hell would have been a lot worse than this!” His wife’s shoulders kept moving up and down as if she was laughing. Her head was down with her long red hair covering her face so it was hard to tell. But knowing her that’s exactly what she was doing. She looked up at the Inquisitor and grinned. A look of disgust washed over him and he took a few steps back.” Oh what’s the matter?” She purred. “Is great big you scared of a little girl like me?” She giggled softly. “Don’t worry. I’m not gonna bite you or anything. Or am I?” The Inquisitor walked up to her. ”Silence witch!” He reared back and punched her in the face with all his might.

A hush fell over the crowd as if they sensed what was about to happen. The man looked over at his wife and chuckled. “Alright Kara. Remember to try not to make too big of a mess with these guys.” Kara let out a low growl. “ Sorry sweetie. Can’t make you any promises.” As she slowly got to her feet my heart was suddenly filled with dread. I remembered that it was that time of the month that angering her was lethal. It was a new moon. I started to push my way through the crowd just as Kara broke the chains that bound her hands behind her back and lunged at the guard nearest to her. His shrieks of pain caused the crowd to panic, making it much more difficult for me to get to them.

When I finally made it to them Kara had already slain three of the guards as well as the inquisitor and was half way through her transformation. Claws and teeth that could tear through bone were visible. As well as both a tail and ears similar to those of a cat. I ran up to the man and began to cut the ropes holding him in place. I let out a chuckle as I cut the last one. “Sheesh Darrel. This keeps up your wife will be the death of us.” Darrel rubbed his wrist and grinned. “Yep. Which is exactly why….” He then got up and took of running with surprising speed. “YOUR ON YOUR OWN AL!!!” I yelled after him.” YOU SON OF A female dog DON’T LEAVE ME HERE WITH THIS MONSTER!!!” I regretted those words immediately for as I turned around I came face to face with a rather large tiger. “Hi Kara…….. Please don’t kill me.”

It wasn’t long before we were all nursing our wounds back at Darrel and Kara’s home. Kara had turned back into her human form and was tending to our wounds. Though she had also giving us more wounds than what we started with due to her scolding us. “I swear you two. If this keeps up both of you are gonna find yourself in your graves a lot sooner than you want.” Darrel snapped back at her.” Well it’s your fault! You keep running out and getting yourself into trouble then me and Al end up having to save your ass!” Before he knew what happened he was laying on his side clutching his face unsure as to weather she had kicked him or punched him. “DON’T YOU START BLAMING THIS ON ME YOU male without a father! I NEVER ASKED YOU TO COME SAVE ME!” I half expected her to deliver another blow but was shocked when I saw a tear roll down her cheek. “Then why the hell won’t you let me turn you?” She asked softly. “I wouldn’t have to worry about you so much. You’d be able to heal overnight and you wouldn’t be in so much pain all the time….” Darrel chuckled softly. “Well I wouldn’t be in pain so much if you’d stop hitting me all the time.” The color drained from his face as a knife stuck into the wall just inches away from his face. As Kara picked up another one with an evil glint in her eyes Darrel looked over towards me. “Al…….. Run.”

After we were safely away from Kara we stopped and rested on a small bench on the side of the road. Darrel then let out a loud sigh. “She’s got a point. If I let her turn me into one of the werefolk then I wouldn’t have to worry bout people coming after us anymore.” “Don’t even think about it!” I snapped back. “Your already in enough trouble with the church as is. That would only make things worse. No what you need is something that would stop the attacks.” It only took me a few minutes to figure out what had to be done.

“I got it…. I’ll become a priest. The church has already offered me a position after all.” Darrel nearly fell off the bench. “A priest??!! That would just make my problems worse! That means that you would have to persecute me and Kara!” I flashed him a wicked grin. “Not if I made you my knight.” Darrel mumbled to himself for a few seconds then sighed. “Yeah that would do it. But….. You know how Kara feels about knights…..” I wouldn’t have been surprised if someone thought I was a ghost at that moment because I’m sure all the color drained from my face. “ Oh… I forgot about that…” Darrel looked down at his feet and groaned. “I’m sure if I talked to her about it first she would be alright with it.” He stood up with a sigh. “Well it’s not like we have any other options. I’ll go talk to her. Wish me luck” He turned and headed back to his house. I chuckled and yelled after him. “Just try not to get yourself killed. I’d rather not bury you just yet.”

“We’re dead…… That it… We’re finished.” A look of defeat had washed over his face as he watched the house with the tunnel burn to the ground. It was then that I regretted ever making him my knight. Perhaps that is why the memory of that day came up. I watched as Darrel walked over to a small group of priest who were standing around chuckling at the scene. “You think this is funny?” He asked. “ You relies that those tunnels were our only way out don’t you?” One of the priest snickered. “Yes. But more importantly. They were created by the dwarves. Therefore it is our duty to erase any and all signs of their existence off this earth. “Darrel’s face turned a dark shade of red after hearing those words. “AND YOU COULDN’T WAIT TILL AFTER WE WENT THROUGH THEM??!!” The priest scoffed. “Duty comes before our lives sir Darrel. A law that you should be familiar with considering how many times you break it.” Before Darrel could respond Brannon walked up to us. “Whenever you priest are done gloating over the fact that you just killed all of us. There is a little problem up at the gates that needs your attention. So if you don’t mind getting your heads outta your asses and joining us we’d really appreciate it.” And with that he turned and went back to the gates.

Darrel let out a chuckle as he looked out over the walls at the approaching demons. “Well…… It looks like they got tired of playing around.” I was stunned by their numbers. “Oh God….. There’s no way we can defeat them…” Brannon chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Relax kid. We got a few surprises for em.” As soon as he said those words beams of light fell from the sky into the demons. Leaving giant craters in the earth. I watched in shock and awe as the demonic forces were reduced to ash. I looked over at Brannon. “So…. Why didn’t you do that earlier?” Brannon’s eyes never strayed from the carnage. “Because……. That wasn’t us.” A loud rumbling came from the skies above. And from the clouds a vessel appeared. Unlike any we had ever seen before. A golden light was cast on the ground beneath it. As it lowed to the ground. To my dismay Brannon was able to chuckle at the sight.” Well poo. So much for a quite afternoon.”