Reading Papyrus Log

sordurar

im having some CTD issues and someone told me to do papyrus logs and see if they wil show me wich of my mods is causing the ctd

im using lots of mods and they were working fine

but suddenly out of nowhere im starting to ctd on startup

i did my papyrus log and it just says stuff like this:

error: Failed to find variable ::PlayerRef_var used in critterFish.PickRandomPoint()

error: Failed to find variable ::PlayerRef_var used in Firefly.FlockToPlayer()

scripts\da16vaerminastatue.pex : error: Unable to find object "DA16VaerminaStatue"

Failed to find variable ::fSpawnerZ_var used in critterdragonfly.PickRandomPointOutsideLeash()

etc...

how do i know wich mods these are? is there anyway?

EDIT: Solved

it was just 1 mod incompatible i checked them all 1 by 1, took me a long time tough :( ( 200+ mods )

Edited by sordurar

You are crashing on start up? Start up of what? The game, your save, something else.

If you are crashing after the Bethesda logo but before the main menu, you have a master file missing or the order of master and dependent mods is flipped.

Example:

Mod A is required of Mod B

If only Mod B is active, game will crash.

If Mod B is loaded before Mod A, game will crash.

If Mod A is loaded before Mod B, game starts up fine.

The question is:

Have you added mods, removed mods, or changed load order of mods?

As far as the papyrus log, it is not a crash log. It only displays what may have been running when you crashed.

• 3 months later...

Thread hijacking is frowned upon :(

You could have started your own thread.

I cannot help with the large majority of your errors. However, I can tell you one thing:

Ignore any of the "missing" ESP files that have the following line in the stack

<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?

GetFormFromFile produces that error when the ESP file is not present. There is no way to remove it short of installing the mod being referred to. It is a harmless error. However, because this function is typically called in some sort of maintenance code it will appear every time a save game is loaded. That means should you die a lot and reload, the papyrus log will repeat all of those errors for every instance.

Thread hijacking is frowned upon :sad:

You could have started your own thread.

I cannot help with the large majority of your errors. However, I can tell you one thing:

Ignore any of the "missing" ESP files that have the following line in the stack

<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?

GetFormFromFile produces that error when the ESP file is not present. There is no way to remove it short of installing the mod being referred to. It is a harmless error. However, because this function is typically called in some sort of maintenance code it will appear every time a save game is loaded. That means should you die a lot and reload, the papyrus log will repeat all of those errors for every instance.

Okay, and I figured it would be easiest for all if I did it that way. That is my thread there.

Is there any tutorials for reading Papyrus Logs?

• 1 year later...

im having some CTD issues and someone told me to do papyrus logs and see if they wil show me wich of my mods is causing the ctd

error: Failed to find variable ::PlayerRef_var used in critterFish.PickRandomPoint()

scripts\da16vaerminastatue.pex : error: Unable to find object "DA16VaerminaStatue"

Failed to find variable ::fSpawnerZ_var used in critterdragonfly.PickRandomPointOutsideLeash()

etc...

it was just 1 mod incompatible i checked them all 1 by 1, took me a long time tough :sad: ( 200+ mods )

Well then, I do seem to be having the same problem, so might I ask sorduar what mod exactly was it? I mean I know it could be a completely different situation but if it can save me time I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by MachineryTemple

• 6 months later...

etc...

it was just 1 mod incompatible i checked them all 1 by 1, took me a long time tough :sad: ( 200+ mods )

yes these are the exact errors I am seeing could you share which mod was the culprit please if I have it I would like to disable it and see if that helps my persistent CTD's out of nowhere