Advice on running old install from H: drive? "content not availabl

HI, I've not tried to run Oblivion since I built this new computer 2 years ago.

The game is on the old HDD which is my data drive with SSD now as C:.

I can launch it and get in game but I get a message about "some content that this save depends on is not available do you wish to continue?

I click yes but so far, just in Bruma (no idea why I'm there), there seem to be a lot missing meshes on bottles and stuff on shelves.

Checking OBMM, many of my original mods had not been checked like an NPC mod and Natural Mods with water but nothing that seemed to affect static stuff.

I checked those and Vilja the NPC came back to tell me I should change clothes-- ha got to like that.

So since I don't know what else might be wrong, is it a better idea just to reinstall OB and SI in another folder and then move the data folder back?

As I remember, getting this setup in the first place took hours and hours even with only a few mods, like Qarls Textures, Illuminated Interiors and a few minor ones.

Any advice appriciated.

Before you move things, you might want to try an uninstall via the game menu or disc. That takes out the Oblivion parts only. All the mods you added are still in folders. When you reinstall, hopefully it will put things right. I've had to do that when I moved the game from one HDD to another. The missing textures and meshes sounds more like the mod mesh and textures are not following correct paths. You may have to reinstall the mods. The message you get "some content..." is when a mod has been removed ( or not checked ) and the save game is looking for the missing data.

Hope this helps. We all have our ideas on what may work, and it wouldn't hurt to wait to see if somebody has other suggestions, and then go with what you think might be best.