Halo Brute Spiker

foley226

Found? Where? Who is the author? Do they give us permission to make modifications? Is this a rip from the game?

You are not likely to find anyone to help you with this model without such information.

I took a look at this model and it would need quite a few improvements to make it game-ready. All UV maps would have to be re-created since the current ones are woe-fully insufficient.

I've uploaded a Blender conversion for those that use Blender. The file is zipped. And here are some screenshots and stats about the model.

Verts: 3,710

Faces: 2,816

Hmmm....based on the description, it seems a bit suspect. Most modelers that actually "create" models ask to be given credit if re-used or put stipulations on it's reuse or if it's a re-creation, give credit to original design authors. This only has a description about the weapon from Halo and no mention of anything else.

It raises my suspicion flag that the model was simply ripped from the game and re-uploaded (illegal). I would advise that anyone who is thinking about continuing this project to do some digging around and see if this is the exact model from the game or not.

LHammonds

I did a quick search and found a tutorial about ripping objects and weapons out of halo 2. It looks like you are right and this model has been uploaded after it has been ripped from halo 2. I also found some pictures linking to crymod. but the page has been taken down.