So here are some details about parsing the OGD files based on the above structure:

When parsing block data, you will have item_len bytes. Each record ends with bytes indicating relationships to other records in the same file but different chunks. This info is taken from the solo_refs and multi_refs variables from the block descriptor.

solo_refs is the number of direct relations to other SINGULAR items. For each value in solo_refs, there in a uint32 at the end of the item containing a pointer to another item in the same file. SO, if solo_refs for a certain block is "3", the final 3 bytes of the item are references to other objects.

multi_refs is the number of "list" relations to other objects. For each value in multi_refs, there are TWO (not one as before, be careful here) bytes at the end (occurring before the solo_refs) containing this structure:

byte[0]: offset into data_block[0] (this block contains only offset pointing into other blocks)

byte[1]: the number of consecutive pointers to read from data_block[0].

So basically, jump to byte[0], read byte[1] pointers.

string_references:

each string_ref has a block_id, an offset, and a length. So for each item in that block, there is a string at the given offset. If length == 0, the string data will contain only a uint32, which points into the string_table (this is a RELATIVE offset, and starts from the beginning of the string table data, AFTER the 4 byte 'size' is read!). If length > 0, the data will be formed like this:

0x00 uint32 zero?

0x04 uint32 (some sort of hash?)

0x08 uint32 formatted_len

0x0c uint32 padded_len (this will match the length from the string_ref)

0x10 bytes[padded_len] the string

after stripping nulls from the string, it should be of length "formatted_len".

I'm not entirely sure how object_refs work yet, but one thing that is clear is that the 3rd param is another block_id which points to a block that hasn't already been "joined" (via solo_refs or multi_refs) with the current block. In every instance, the 'destination' block and 'source' block have the same number of items, so I suspect this may be a one-to-one distinct relation.

Guest Erudain

I would like to request a "hide helmet" mod as in Skyrim/Oblivion if it's possible.
Kinda useless having all the hairstyles you get only to get hidden beneth your helmet.

I would like to request finding a way to change your character's skin colour, possibly allowing you to access the character creation screen, much like skyrim has a command to do so.

The reason I ask is that I accidently chose a darker skin colour, not expecting my Parents to be of a different race. The skin didn't look too much further from white (My skin colour and race) but was apparently enough to make my parents a different race.

I'd like very much to be able to change it without having to start again.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John (JVM)

- I tried to page through the files with my limited knowledge and found a couple small references to 'hellspass' and 'evgames' - both locations in the show - but I can't access the files.

Also, if anyone can find the soundbanks for any of the cut characters (Terrance Mephesto would especially be appreciated) let me know!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...